Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205 McGregor V Alvarez

• 12-11-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭

Huge fight on tonight In Madison Square Garden between Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvaraz. The rest of the card is stacked too with several titles on the line.

I cannot fcuking wait, hopefully by the end of the night Ireland will have a two weight world champion.

War Conor.

Paully D wrote: »

What time will the McGregor fight be on?
    It's difficult to give a precise time, but with 6 fights on the main card including 3 title fights, it is likely that Alvarez v McGregor will start at around 6am. However, the McGregor v Diaz 2 fight started 15 minutes earlier than expected so I would be tuning in around 5:30am to be safe.

How can I watch the event?
    Fight Pass Prelims (the first 3 fights of the night) are live on Fight Pass (free trial for new users or €7.99 a month. Subscribe here, just don't forget to cancel if you don't want to continue to be billed!). Fight Pass will also get you the Prelims live (the next 4 fights before the main card), while the Prelims are also broadcast on BT Sport.

Since August, the only legal way to view the main card of UFC events live now is to have access to BT Sport. Virgin Media customers no longer have access to BT Sport which was well documented in the summer.

Sky customers can subscribe here at a special UFC 205 offer price of €16.99 per month (no annual contract, but minimum 2 months required) or €225 for the year, while Eir broadband customers can get BT Sport for free on their Sky box by providing Eir with their viewing card number. Eir broadband customers can also access BT Sport online for free (and view on their PC/laptop via their browser or tablet or phone via the app) by following the instructions here.[/CENTER]

Comments

Seriously.

We have beaten Austria away in a proper sport recognised all over the world, and there's a thread in AH about some Mickey Mouse sport made up in the last 20 years that appeals to 20 and 30 somethings because some Irish skanger is good at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Big Mac is gonna become Ireland's greatest ever individual sports person tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Big Mac is gonna become Ireland's greatest ever individual sports person tonight.

Murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Seriously.

We have beaten Austria away in a proper sport recognised all over the world, and there's a thread in AH about some Mickey Mouse sport made up in the last 20 years that appeals to 20 and 30 somethings because some Irish skanger is good at it?

Conor74, chill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Seriously.

Oh shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Seriously.

It aint a mickey mouse sport, these are serious athletes performing tonight and the best in the world at what they do. If you dont like it fair enough but millions will be watching tonight who have been waiting for this for months now. By the end of the night Ireland could have a two weight world champion, no harm in supporting and celebrating our own, just like we do other Irish sportsmen and women.

zeroliner wrote: »
    Conor74, chill

Was I harsh?

In my defence, had a hernia op 2 days ago and reckon I've either torn the mesh under the skin, or the stitches under the bandage after the football result...

Bah...

Was I harsh?

In my defence, had a hernia op 2 days ago and reckon I've either torn the mesh under the skin, or the stitches under the bandage after the football result...

Bah...

Take a few more pain killers dude :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Was I harsh?

Bah...

Might be Lupus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

It's less of a mickey mouse sport than rugby is ffs, there's more than 10 or 11 countries interested in it.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's less of a mickey mouse sport than rugby is ffs, there's more than 10 or 11 countries interested in it.. :rolleyes:

..and it's not a friendly. 😋

zeroliner wrote: »
    Take a few more pain killers dude :pac:

Not a fan of painkillers.

Had kidney stones last year. That redefines the pain threshold. So, while I can almost feel the mesh and pins and stitches grind against each other as skin, membrane and organs move separate ways, I'll put up with it. I'm sure UFC fans will appreciate that!

Granted, the alcohol helps...

Was I harsh?

Bah...

You sound like a ball ache anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

MMA forum
    >.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Yep. Easy on the sauce there Conor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If I wanted to sit up all night waiting for nine seconds of disappointment I'd go out on the pull.

If I wanted to sit up all night waiting for nine seconds of disappointment I'd go out on the pull.

Show off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Seems to be far less hot air being blown than usual about this spectacle. Hopefully we've reached peak UFC. A slickly marketed product designed to appeal to frustrated young men.

Yep. Easy on the sauce there Conor!

I'm not used to starting off slowly so I can shout "ground and pound" at a tv at 5am! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully the gimp gets knocked the f*ck out, the bandwagoners move onto something else, and we can go back to enjoying the sport.

Although I will miss the McGregor thread on the mma forum, some of them over there are a special breed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Seems to be far less hot air being blown than usual about this spectacle. Hopefully we've reached peak UFC. A slickly marketed product designed to appeal to frustrated young men.
    Seriously.

Hey now, maybe ye would like it a bit more if you understood what was happening?

I used to think Cycling was boring until I learned about the amount of teamwork & strategy that goes into it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I'm not used to starting off slowly so I can shout "ground and pound" at a tv at 5am! ;)

Do ye usually be shouting it at the missus? :D

Do ye usually be shouting it at the missus? :D

I knew I gave an open goal there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Seriously.

MMA is twenty years old in that little head of yours? Christ on a bike your ignorance is unfathomable.

Everyone knows that soccer was invented way before fighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Isn't there an entire forum dedicated to this sh*te?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Arguing about which sport is better?

The forum is called After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

I'll copy and paste that in every thread in AH...Cheers!

Love how the Irish hate mcGregor but happily shout for tappy tappy...this pucnh won't hurt..amateur boxing, lol...go ireland go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You have it all figured out don't you? Millions are gonna watch this tonight worldwide, not just the few you've decided to pigeon hole into your made up category.

Not a fan of painkillers.

Had kidney stones last year. That redefines the pain threshold. So, while I can almost feel the mesh and pins and stitches grind against each other as skin, membrane and organs move separate ways, I'll put up with it. I'm sure UFC fans will appreciate that!

Granted, the alcohol helps...

Understood. Kidney stones would turn anyone into a big girls blouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

I'll copy and paste that in every thread in AH...Cheers!

Love how the Irish hate mcGregor but happily shout for tappy tappy...this pucnh won't hurt..amateur boxing, lol...go ireland go!!

I don't hate him. I don't know him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Ireland won the footy, but I bet the nerds would go cray cray if someone posted a thread about football here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Isn't there an entire forum dedicated to this sh*te? .

Sorry it sounded like you knew a forum and were about to a link to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I think the Frankie Edgar fight should have been pushed to the main card after Cowboy's fight got cancelled. What I'd give to see Edgar and Maynard fight again...

My picks (not necessarily the people I want to win):
    Eddie Alvarez
    Tyron Woodley
    Joanna Jędrzejczyk
    Chris Weidman
    Raquel Pennington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

A sport or any form of entertainment is only as popular as its biggest star

Rousey is done after her next match and McGregor is probably too unfocused to stick around for another 5 years let alone another 10 ( remember he quit earlier this year only to be enticed back)

Its up to ufc now to identify and market the next star though that's often very difficult especially after two huge stars come along at once. Usually after that happens and they leave a major downperiod occurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think the Frankie Edgar fight should have been pushed to the main card after Cowboy's fight got cancelled. What I'd give to see Edgar and Maynard fight again...

My picks (not necessarily the people I want to win):
    Eddie Alvarez
    Tyron Woodley
    Joanna Jędrzejczyk
    Chris Weidman
    Raquel Pennington

Whats your reasoning for the Alvarez, Woodley and Jedrzejczk prediction? Wiedman and Pennington I can see winning but not the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

Seriously.

Was that match for a title? Are Austria some world power in football? Is there any chance of Ireland's football team winning anything significant in the near future?

That's why this is more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

I might stay up to watch this but 5.30 am is kind of highway to the dangerzone territory for me. Don't follow the sport, but for those who do - will it be a good contest and what would the best tip/wager be for the main event to throw couple of euro's on?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ireland won the footy, but I bet the nerds would go cray cray if someone posted a thread about football here!

Putting part of your name in a post, makes post funny....
    ? Not:)

Go Connor ya good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

rossie1977 wrote: »
    A sport or any form of entertainment is only as popular as its biggest star

Rousey is done after her next match and McGregor is probably too unfocused to stick around for another 5 years let alone another 10 ( remember he quit earlier this year only to be enticed back)

Its up to ufc now to identify and market the next star though that's often very difficult especially after two huge stars come along at once. Usually after that happens and they leave a major downperiod occurs
    He didn't quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Seriously.

We have beaten Austria away in a proper sport recognised all over the world, and

AUSTRIA.

AUSTRIa.

AUSTria.

AUStria.

AUstria.

Austria.

austria.

austri.

austr.

aust.

aus.

au.

a.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

darlett wrote: »
    AUSTRIA.

AUSTRIa.

AUSTria.

AUStria.

AUstria.

Austria.

austria.

austri.

austr.

aust.

aus.

au.

a.

Worst sports chant ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

buried wrote: »
    I might stay up to watch this but 5.30 am is kind of highway to the dangerzone territory for me. Don't follow the sport, but for those who do - will it be a good contest and what would the best tip/wager be for the main event to throw couple of euro's on?

Alvarez looks rattled, I reckon Conor got in his head.....his trump card.
    Imo, it will go the first, if Alvarez battles like a demon he might get it to the early second. He wont get much further than that :D

Also, loving all the posters with the usual scumbag rhetoric. I can only imagine that their lives are as rigorous and dedicated to this level of physical combat.
    Ya know, the folks eating shyte and drinking like a fish tonight all the while sucking in their guts and chins.
    Very easy to knock someone whist sitting down in your armchair ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If McGregor wins, he'll win fast. First 2 rounds.

Cheers lads, Ima stay up, go for McGregor in the 2nd

Cheers lads, Ima stay up, go for McGregor in the 2nd

Might be the 1st :D

Might be the 1st :D

The 5/1 for the 2nd is bringing the greedy fecker out in me!

The 5/1 for the 2nd is bringing the greedy fecker out in me!

Whats for the odds for the 1st?

Whats for the odds for the 1st?

7/2 for the 1st round

• Advertisement
Advertisement