Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for couples?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me why most rental rooms won't accept couples? We've been struggling to find any rooms and we just don't understand why the "no couples allowed" rule is always there.

What are the options? Surely there has to be a way for a couple to rent a room!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Twice the wear and tear, twice as much power used for showers etc, twice as much laundry and as we all know, couples often have disputes that can get verbal and create a great big deal of stress for everyone in the house.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Twice the wear and tear, twice as much power used for showers etc, twice as much laundry and as we all know, couples often have disputes that can get verbal and create a great big deal of stress for everyone in the house.

This.

I once shared a house with a couple and just me.

They argued so you'd to tiptoes around, took over the common areas and generally made life uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A long time ago I had a room in a 3 bed apartment where the main 'anchor' tenants were a couple. They sub let or licensed the rooms. Consequently all the tenants / licensees were happy and they didn't argue much if at all. The landlord was happy as they minded the place and did his job for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Everything mentioned above and then there's sex. You don't mind hearing ye have sex but everyone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Edups wrote: »
    Everything mentioned above and then there's sex. You don't mind hearing ye have sex but everyone else does.
    That's statistically less likely with settled couples than single people bringing home fresh meat. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement