Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Three really that bad?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting the HTC 10 on Three. Looked at the coverage map and it seems good where I live. I've seen a lot of comments on here saying that Three are terrible. Is this still the case or are they pretty good?

Only way to know for sure what your coverage will be like is to get a three sim and run a speed test at home. What others say is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yes, it's really not worth the bother. The network itself is just overloaded.

In rural areas especially, you can forget about it.

Meteor or Vodafone are the way to go for reliable coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Totally depends on the area. I get 60Mb regularly but live in Dublin. Go to Sligo town and its alright, then go outside slightly and its congested to all hell.

Really depends on the area. Get a sim. Test.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 new Author

I wouldn't bother doesn't matter were ya live in Dublin or rural areas coverage is brutal for phone or broadband already been there so has other half and his mother in Kerry id stick with meteor or vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I had nothing but problems with three and having several contracts with them they allowed me exit them but you would have to fight hard. I had literally hundreds of screenshots and I was in 4G+ territory...As i am involved with so mapping projects and similar i travel quite alot and the situation is persistent all over Ireland.Three are still merging the old O2 stack and until that is fixed they are overloaded and cant provide a service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

better than Vodafone and meteor where I live, but it's different wherever you go. As someone else suggestee, get a 3 sim and give it a go where you live and work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Best network I've ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Been with them for 4 years, at home (Wexford) call coverage is fine, data is a lost hope here. But I get 4g regularly in towns from here to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Those coverage maps are a total lie and in a store they will tell you any bull to get you in contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

In answer to the question, simply, yes where I live. It may be different in your locale. I found it gave the worse overall coverage when traveling in the country compared to both Meteor and Vodafone. Strangely I was with O2 who had reasonable coverage. When Three took over, it went to crap even though they had more infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Moved to Vodafone after 4 bad years with Three... I should have moved 2 years ago, regretted that... Too many issues with the data network, dropped calls and bad customer service which would not admit to their technical issues (I have some good knowledge of how networks are meant to work...)

Vodafone is more expensive with a smaller data allowance, but it works and that is worth paying for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I tried a few different networks, tbh I found meteor worse than three. Do see a lot of dropped calls when ringing other people on three. I like the cheap data. But I'm a very light user, and mainly in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Moved to Vodafone after 4 bad years with Three... I should have moved 2 years ago, regretted that... Too many issues with the data network, dropped calls and bad customer service which would not admit to their technical issues (I have some good knowledge of how networks are meant to work...)

Vodafone is more expensive with a smaller data allowance, but it works and that is worth paying for...

I'm still with Three but I'll be moving to Vodafone next year when contract ends. The savings by being with Three just aren't worth the sacrifice of inconsistent coverage. I mostly use in Dublin, which is passable, but leaving the county it just becomes unacceptable. Ive been with Three for 4+ years, maybe I've just grown out of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

ste wrote: »
    I'm still with Three but I'll be moving to Vodafone next year when contract ends. The savings by being with Three just aren't worth the sacrifice of inconsistent coverage. I mostly use in Dublin, which is passable, but leaving the county it just becomes unacceptable. Ive been with Three for 4+ years, maybe I've just grown out of them :)

Good reply...

Advertisement