Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to check data balance

Options
  • 12-11-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

I am on billpay with 15gb data.  I rely on a third party app to check data usage.  Does Eir have anything similar ?

1. The Eir app does not monitor data usage
    2. The Eir website always says I have used 0mb out of 1gb so completely useless
    3. When I text balance, I get back my remaining data which is deduced from a 10gb limit which is incorrect.

Finally according to my Eir account roaming is turned off as is the ability to dial international numbers.  I never requested these restrictions when I signed up in store.  Do I have to ring Eir to sort this out or could it be done online ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Flaccus wrote: »
    I am on billpay with 15gb data.  I rely on a third party app to check data usage.  Does Eir have anything similar ?

3. When I text balance, I get back my remaining data which is deduced from a 10gb limit which is incorrect.

Finally according to my Eir account roaming is turned off as is the ability to dial international numbers.  I never requested these restrictions when I signed up in store.  Do I have to ring Eir to sort this out or could it be done online ?

Thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

On myeir should be able to view a breakdown of your mobile usage. 
    Can you PM me your mobile number & pin & I'll check this?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Pin ? Not sure what this refers to. I use my username and password to login to my eir account. I dont think i have a pin. When i logon It says i am on the 15gb plan but usage always shows 0mb out of 1gb used. Been like that a long time.

Id prefer if the text balance to 50104 worked though or the mobile app showed usage. Are eir aware that 50104 has not been updated since the 15gb allowances came in and always shows usage from 10gb limit plus its usually incorrect.

Just checked my eir again and still broken showing as 0mb of 1gb used. And 2nd phone shows 0mb of 768meg used. I went into show details for the first phone and I can see line items for data being used, no total. I totted it up and its way off. A few megs, when i know i have used at least 3g. The website is no use to me.

I can pm my account number and mobile number ?

Pin ? Not sure what this refers to. I use my username and password to login to my eir account. I dont think i have a pin. When i logon It says i am on the 15gb plan but usage always shows 0mb out of 1gb used. Been like that a long time.  

Id prefer if the text balance to 50104 worked though or the mobile app showed usage. Are eir aware that 50104 has not been updated since the 15gb allowances came in and always shows usage from 10gb limit plus its usually incorrect.

Just checked my eir again and still broken showing as 0mb of 1gb used. And 2nd phone shows 0mb of 768meg used. I went into show details for the first phone and I can see line items for data being used, no total. I totted it up and its way off. A few megs, when i know i have used at least 3g. The website is no use to me.

I can pm my account number and mobile number ?
    No problem Flaccus, can you PM these details?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks Pamela.  Sending PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

I've had a similar "experience" in that my phone said I used 7 - 8 MB during a visit to Japan.  EIR have charged me €33 which is completely crazy.

When I called 1901, "Rebecca" told me that one of my bill lines showed I had used 7GB for which they wanted €8-41.  This means their system thought I used 23GB in the 10 days. "Rebecca" then said she was having a problem with their "system" and would I mind holding the line. I waited for an hour on speaker but she never got back to me and I gave up.

The EIR website is totally transparent and I have never managed to get anything out of it.

Over the last few years it's been the same story of incompetence and waste of time.

I'm heading out to Three, Pay-AS-You-Go. No more messing.

- Jim

(sorry about the JimllFixit moniker)

• Advertisement

Thanks Pamela.  Sending PM now.
    No problem  Flaccus,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Jimllfixit wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

I've had a similar "experience" in that my phone said I used 7 - 8 MB during a visit to Japan.  EIR have charged me €33 which is completely crazy.

When I called 1901, "Rebecca" told me that one of my bill lines showed I had used 7GB for which they wanted €8-41.  This means their system thought I used 23GB in the 10 days. "Rebecca" then said she was having a problem with their "system" and would I mind holding the line. I waited for an hour on speaker but she never got back to me and I gave up.

The EIR website is totally transparent and I have never managed to get anything out of it.

Over the last few years it's been the same story of incompetence and waste of time.

- Jim

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jimllfixit,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like me to verify your usage please feel free to PM me your mobile number & pin.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela,

Did you get my PM ?

thanks

Thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

- Jim

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jimllfixit,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like me to verify your usage please feel free to PM me your mobile number & pin.[/font]

Thanks Pamela, the EIR call centre is looking into it. If they don't come back with a satisfactory answer I'll take the phone into the EIR shop in Cork. I'm unhappy about giving out PINs on the web.

However, you can see what the phone thinks about the data usage from these screenshots, pretty much in line with what I was using it for at the time i.e. downloading offline areas in Google Maps in Japan.

I have, I think, sent you a PM about this.

Thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

- Jim

Thanks Pamela, the EIR call centre is looking into it. If they don't come back with a satisfactory answer I'll take the phone into the EIR shop in Cork. I'm unhappy about giving out PINs on the web.

However, you can see what the phone thinks about the data usage from these screenshots, pretty much in line with what I was using it for at the time i.e. downloading offline areas in Google Maps in Japan.

Well, it seems I mis-read the EIR text message when I arrived in Japan. The EIR call centre finally worked today.

It turns out you have to pay €10-42 per megabyte of roaming data . . . I guess I read it as 10.42C per MB!

You live & learn.

Shoulda gone to Sp*cs*v*rs

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Hi Flaccus,

- Jim

Well, it seems I mis-read the EIR text message when I arrived in Japan. The EIR call centre finally worked today.

It turns out you have to pay €10-42 per megabyte of roaming data . . . I guess I read it as 10.42C per MB!

You live & learn.

Shoulda gone to Sp*cs*v*rs
    No problem Jimllfixit, glad this is now resolved. :)

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks for getting back to me Pamela.  To be honest I don't trust what Eir are telling me at all on the website.  I just replied to a PM where i am now being billed for out of bundle charges but when you view the usage there is almost no charges there.  This combined with the fact that both my eir accounts are showing 0mb usage out of 1gb; when I have a 15gb package for months, means I just don't trust Eir to bill me correctly.

Also I have asked this on another thread - can you please tell who looks after text balance to 50104 that it is not working.  It gives the wrong balance out of 10gb allowance instead of 15gb allowance, and the balance is incorrect too.

So far it seems there is no way to get an accurate idea from Eir of how much data you have used.  Very disappointed.

Thanks for getting back to me Pamela.  To be honest I don't trust what Eir are telling me at all on the website.  I just replied to a PM where i am now being billed for out of bundle charges but when you view the usage there is almost no charges there.  This combined with the fact that both my eir accounts are showing 0mb usage out of 1gb; when I have a 15gb package for months, means I just don't trust Eir to bill me correctly.

Also I have asked this on another thread - can you please tell who looks after text balance to 50104 that it is not working.  It gives the wrong balance out of 10gb allowance instead of 15gb allowance, and the balance is incorrect too.

So far it seems there is no way to get an accurate idea from Eir of how much data you have used.  Very disappointed.
    Hi  Flaccus,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement