Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30 minutes free parking....????

• 12-11-2016 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everybody!
    Anyone could explain how 30 mins of free parking in Carlow town work
    Is there a ticket or a parking disc that should be exposed?
    Thanx in advance for answers
    Michele

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Hi everybody!
    Anyone could explain how 30 mins of free parking in Carlow town work
    Is there a ticket or a parking disc that should be exposed?
    Thanx in advance for answers
    Michele

From what I understand it only applies to certain areas of the town, & there doesn't need to be a ticket used. I've parked on tullow street beside the health shop & over at Ken blacks & both those areas were covered not sure where else though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Areas covered:

Tullow St. (Uppr. & Lwr.)

Dublin St.

Potato Market

Kennedy Ave.

Castle St./Hill (the street going down to the junction with Castlegate/where Ray Whelans, Deanoz & MacSuils Pub used be)

What I can't figure out is how's it enforced.

E.G. You park up at Reddys say; once your 30 mins.'re up you move on across to Teach & then to Raceys & all the way down Tullow St. to Haddens/Shaws etc. every half hour.

Or you park on Tullow St.; finish your 30 mins. & head on over to Potato Market/Kennedy Ave. or Turn Right onto Dublin St.

In theory you could have free parking all day; appreciate it's a headwreck to keep moving but when it's free parking you'd suck it up surely?

Even if the ticket machines issued 30 min. tickets there's no way this would prevent the above; you just keep on printing out new tickets each time & if an Maor Tráchtala says anything you can say you've moved & show him (because I've never seen a female Traffic Warden on the beat in the town) the new ticket.

Yes the hand-held scanner would indicate you've been on Tullow St. Uppr. for 30 mins. perhaps ticket or not (using reg. plate recognition) but you can still keep on moving on same street not to mention into other areas covered.

Was the system clearly thought through at council level? Surely one or two periods per day or up to a maximum of 4 & display of a ticket but it's enforcement is the issue.

T.W.'s not going to get around to all the cars on the streets named quickly enough to stop the type of carry on I've alluded to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Michele Aloi76

[font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]ThanKs everybody for annswers![/font]

[font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
    So....i [/font]
    [font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]don't[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] need a ticket issued or a parking disc...Ok [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]but how park officer can [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]control[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] me? E.S[/font] [font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] He [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]sees[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] me first time at 12...and after 30 [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]min[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]s he[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]controls[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]l if [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]I[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] am gone away or not.....but he can't know if i have parked my car 3 hours before....

Just to understand ...in Italy (my native Country)... [/font]
    [font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]U[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] have to expose the parking disc and in some [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]places[/font] [font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]park meter[/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif] release a free [/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]([/font][font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]without any coin inserted) ticket for your half hour free. So there is no possibility to fraud the system...[/font]
    [font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Michele[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I like this idea, there should be a charge for parking in our cities but it needs to be incentivesed such as

Advertisement