Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyds stock

Options
  • 13-11-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy in one of these stocks yourself or do you need a dealer? Are they a good fit or do they need some work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Mods, can you change Title to Boyds , fecking predictive text

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They used to be able to be brought in, but they seem to have raised the prices of most of their stocks. So anything above the $99 mark is prohibited from shipping.

That being said some places have them. I know Atlantic in Carlow do a few limited models (Tikka among them), but no idea on what other kinds if any.

Whats it for?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Cass wrote: »
    They used to be able to be brought in, but they seem to have raised the prices of most of their stocks. So anything above the $99 mark is prohibited from shipping.

That being said some places have them. I know Atlantic in Carlow do a few limited models (Tikka among them), but no idea on what other kinds if any.

Whats it for?

CZ455, looking at the Rimfire Hunter (pepper). I rang them Tuesday and never heard a thing back. I'm the kind of lad that gets tick when that happens and I won't go near them again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

One week is not too bad. I'm dealing with a few dealers and two of them in nearly 14 years have never rang back once. Enough to make you pull your hair out.

You could try up the North. Tannyoky do a good few stocks and there are plenty of RFDs that may stock it or something similar.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Get yourself onto Boyd's mailing list. Every so often they do rapid close out sales and prices are sometimes still below the $99 bracket. I got one recently for my ruger normal price $150 down to $75. They usually make them for trade shows and then flog them off instead of putting them into the inventory
    Some are finished some required inletting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

fiestaman wrote: »
    Are they a good fit or do they need some work?

Excellent fit for the oem rifle.

Once you start deviating from the standard, a little fitting may be needed. For example, a bit of a rasp if you want to fit a Timney in the standard Prairie Hunter.

Have had great success with the Prairie Hunter, Thumbhole, and Tacticool for my 700 and 10/22's.

Advertisement