Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house someone was murdered in

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

No, I'm just making the point that murder isn't natural. I agree that it's superstition primarily which would put people off, but I can also see why someone who doesn't believe in ghosts would still be uncomfortable in a room/house where they know someone died a painful, violent, horrific death.

If someone died in the house because the fridge fell on them (also not natural according to your way of thinking), would you think the same way?

I don't really see what relevance it has whether or not the death is natural or not. Death is painful and horrific regardless of whether or not it's from natural causes. In fact natural causes give some of the most painful last days and death. Give me a quick beheading over 10 months of cancer eating me anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

bullpost wrote: »
    One option might be to go to local Garda station and ask. Tell them your concerns and while not telling you which house, they might eliminate your one?
    Thanks, but it's definitely the house. The woman was registered as living there and the reports all state she was raped and killed in her home. The estate agent has also now confirmed it to me.

I did flirt with the idea of going in at a discount but someone else seems to have had the same idea and I'm not getting into a bidding war over this house. I've decided I'd never be happy there, I'd just feel sad for the former owner. Rightly or wrongly, that's how I feel.

This thread helped a lot though, it confirmed the fact that I'd have a hard time selling again. The hunt goes on. Cheers all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement