Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record eir Sports Channel

Options
  • 13-11-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

I borrowed a Sky+HD box, and paired my eirsports/Setanta Sky card and am able to view the eir sports channels.
    All good.

How do I record a program for later viewing?
    (I had hoped to record the McGregor fight last night but failed)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 iprinter

does this sky card have a active sky TV subscription 

if it does not 

the answer is no

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

iprinter wrote: »
    does this sky card have a active sky TV subscription 

if it does not 

the answer is no
    No, I do not use Sky services.
    eir have forced me to borrow a Sky box so that I can receive their 'free' sports channels.

So, no way to record a programme  :(

BTW, trying to use a Sky box to ONLY view the eir Sports channels is an exercise in frustration.
    How I miss the versatility &  simplicity of my Ferguson Ariva 120 STB!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 iprinter

ufc is on tuesday on 3e at 9pm

@eir representative

Is there any way I can record a sports channel programme besides paying Sky a subscription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

@eir representative

Is there any way I can record a sports channel programme besides paying Sky a subscription?
    Hi  Johnboy1951,

I'm afraid not.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

@eir representative

Hi  Johnboy1951,

I'm afraid not.

-Pamela 
    That is disgraceful from eir.

I do hope that eir realises they are encouraging the use of 'dodgy' practices so that users can get the facilities they need.

I am very peeved at eir ...
    ... first for limiting the channel streams to those operating systems that can install Silverlight,
    ... second for the absolute mess they have made of the two device limit and the number of swaps allowed per month
    ... third for limiting the Satellite service to Sky boxes ONLY
    ... fourth for not permitting recording of channels unless a further subscription is paid to Sky

All in all a very very unsatisfactory service.
    For all practical purposes it is unusable in my home.

This home has had an unbroken eircom/eir service (phone & broadband) since 1982 ....... 34 years.

I can assure you that this will change as soon as convenient to me, unless the above situation changes.

Bye!

@eir representative

Hi  Johnboy1951,

I'm afraid not.

-Pamela 

I do hope that eir realises they are encouraging the use of 'dodgy' practices so that users can get the facilities they need.

... first for limiting the channel streams to those operating systems that can install Silverlight,
    ... second for the absolute mess they have made of the two device limit and the number of swaps allowed per month
    ... fourth for not permitting recording of channels unless a further subscription is paid to Sky

This home has had an unbroken eircom/eir service (phone & broadband) since 1982 ....... 34 years.

I can assure you that this will change as soon as convenient to me, unless the above situation changes.

Bye!
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way  Johnboy1951. I'll pass your feedback onto the eir Sport team.

-Pamela 

@eir representative

Hi  Johnboy1951,

I'm afraid not.

-Pamela 

Bye!
    I'm sorry to hear you feel this way  Johnboy1951. I'll pass your feedback onto the eir Sport team.

-Pamela 
    I hope you do pass it on, but I have no expectation that anything will change.

@eir representative

Hi  Johnboy1951,

I'm afraid not.

-Pamela 

Bye!

-Pamela 
    I hope you do pass it on, but I have no expectation that anything will change.
    No problem  Johnboy1951, I will.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement