Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clane 10KM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Am doing this tomorrow. Anyone else? It's not due to rain anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Am doing this tomorrow. Anyone else? It's not due to rain anyway
    Bout 250 signed up for both races 5k and 10km

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Did this on Saturday - on the whole we ll organized and nice route. Roads were pretty slippy going around and there was a couple of Torvil and Dean moments :).
    Only gripe I have is nearing the end we hit the tail end of the 5k so a lot of families with buggies and kids on bikes on a narrow section with cars also on the road meant there was some hairy moments! Heard they ran out of goodie bags at the end which contained the water but I'd say thats a lesson learned for next time. Would do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I did this Saturday too. Roads were very slippy which was annoying as I was definitely onto a PB but lost out on it due to the ice. Overall, I would probably do the race again as, to be fair to the organisers, I think it was their first time doing a race of that scale.

Positives:
    1. Nice atmosphere
    2. weather conditions on the day were brilliant
    3. timing was accurate (most important in my opinon)
    4. there were toilets and plenty parking (also very nb) and
    5. volunteers and garda presence were excelent.

Negatives:

1. the 10k was late starting. Was only 8mins late but still, I had (as I always do when doing races) scheduled the race into my day but needed to be gone off somewhere else asap and also it was - literally - freezing so having to wait at all was torture.
    2. the ice was dangerous. I had to slow down for myself but also I was worried about those around me too.
    3. After having finished the race there was no water for the 10k runners as it was all gone by then. There were also no goody bags, medals or sandwiches but tbh I don't care about those. I could have done with the water though.

Hard to be too bitter about it when it's a fun run and is for charity though.

However, if the organisers were looking for feedback I would suggest water for all and just bananas - forget the sandwiches!

Sow_Runner I wasn't fast enough to have the problem of buggies/last of the 5ks .... one day though, one day :)

Advertisement