Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit in Ardcavan

Options
  • 13-11-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me here. About three weeks ago I was driving home from town and was stopped by a Garda. He stopped me across from the petrol station beside the Renault? garage....I think it's Renault... anyway he asked me did I know the speed limit and I said 80. He said no it's 60, I was doing 80. Long story short I got a fine and three points.

Now when I checked the sign for 80 is by the new Audi garage and continues up near the turn for Curracloe. Either side of this is 60.
    On my letter it says I got 80 in Ardcavan. Isn't that stretch of road Ardcavan therefore it would be 80? 60 on one side would be Castlebridge and on the other it's Ferrybank.... hope I'm making sense. I know I was doing the limit and was 60 in the 60 and 80 in the 80. I want to make sure before I contest it.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Do you know where the Gardai were parked when he clocked you doing 80 i.e. did you actually see them clocking you? I'm assuming he showed you your clocked speed on the speed gun?

He might have clocked you in Ferrybank and wrote up your ticket in Ardcavan?

Hard one to contest I'd say - its your word against theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Do you know where the Gardai were parked when he clocked you doing 80 i.e. did you actually see them clocking you? I'm assuming he showed you your clocked speed on the speed gun?

He might have clocked you in Ferrybank and wrote up your ticket in Ardcavan?

Hard one to contest I'd say - its your word against theirs.

I don't know for certain where he was but he said along this stretch of road is 60 even though the speed sign across from Audi is 80.
    No he didn't show me the speed on the speed gun actually so I don't know.

Advertisement