Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Finally coming ?

Options
  • 13-11-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

A contractor for openeir called to the house to ask permission to clear trees around EIR lines in preparation for laying fibre cables,  that mean i will finally get faster speeds soon?  I am in rural Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

irelandjoe wrote: »
    A contractor for openeir called to the house to ask permission to clear trees around EIR lines in preparation for laying fibre cables,  that mean i will finally get faster speeds soon?  I am in rural Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irelandjoe,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here or you can check your line number or address here here. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

@Pamela,
    One of the homes that are on the border of cabinet range for 100mb efibre so the map shows I can get it but I can't, I am on the blue route for FTTH and with lines being cleared I can only assume that I will be enabled soon.

the Exchange says this :
    Nenagh (Tipperary)
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]5100 premises in this exchange can now access up to 100Mb/s fibre broadband. Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is Winter 2016/ Spring 2017[/font]
    But my local cabinet doesn't say much other then its fibre enabled.
    that mean I will most likely have it ?

@Pamela,
    One of the homes that are on the border of cabinet range for 100mb efibre so the map shows I can get it but I can't,  I am on the blue route for FTTH and with lines being cleared I can only assume that I will be enabled soon.

the Exchange says this :
    Nenagh (Tipperary)
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]5100 premises in this exchange can now access up to 100Mb/s fibre broadband. Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is Winter 2016/ Spring 2017[/font]
    But my local cabinet doesn't say much other then its fibre enabled.
    that mean I will most likely have it ?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It depends if you are connected to this cabinet or not [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irelandjoe.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer? I can check this.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]It depends if you are connected to this cabinet or not [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irelandjoe.[/font]

Yes I am an Eir customer

Yes I am an Eir customer
    I have replied to your PM  irelandjoe.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

@Pamela, Thanks very much looking forward to see what happens.

@Pamela, Thanks very much looking forward to see what happens.
    No problem  irelandjoe,

I'll be back to you soon.

-Pamela 

Advertisement