Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl...

Options

Comments

Have the Aldi ones and got the Lidl ones to have a spare for certain jobs (only a beginner)
    Haven't had the chance to use the Lidl ones yet, but I found that when trying to sharpen as Paul Sellers does that I skew the chisel out of square, especially the smaller ones, anyone else experienced this?
    I've a guide now and there sharp enough to cut my finger tip last night when I didn't watch what I was reaching for :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What, you skew it in just the one direction? :D
    Took me weeks to get past the point where I didn't end up with a geodesic dome instead of a bevel if I sharpened freehand. Got an eclipse guide (as in, made by eclipse, second-hand, not the modern cheap clones because several of those have castings that aren't that great and the two cost about the same anyway). After that, no more problem. And having the guide trains your hands for holding the angle over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Grueller

Apparently I have never sharpened a chisel.

Advertisement