Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance for 100+ yr old house

• 13-11-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a house which is over 100 years old. I've been looking around for house insurance. Some companies won't quote because the house is over 100 and some need to know has it been rewired, plumbed and re-roofed in the last 30 years. Haven't had the engineer in yet but the roof does need doing. Was just going to pack it for the moment and do it in the next few years. Will I still get a quote but expect it to be extortionate? Anyone have any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

I've had similar issues in Mayo. My place is two joined buildings, the old half is pre-1830 and the new is about 1940. I wanted buildings insurance only and had some ridiculous quotes. One broker said it would want full engineers/surveyors report before quoting. Still looking.

TT

Advertisement