Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penthouse apartment. Cold?

Options
  • 13-11-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

We are looking at buying a top floor apartment as a home. The BER is B3. The building is ten years old.

I know apartments built in the 80,90s are cold. I've rented a few over the years. What is the top floor in a modern apartment like for heating? Will it be difficult to heat in the winter? It's on the sixth floor in an area with no other tallish buildings, so fairly exposed to the wind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I live in a top floor apt (3rd floor). I have no issues with heat, in fact, my problem in summer is keeping the place cool. I feel the floor warm when people below have their heating on. I guess some of the pipes run through their ceiling and my floor. It definitely helps cut my heating in the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Go next door and ask them! It's impossible to know from a BER rating or the like.

Advertisement