Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unresolved Setanta insurance claim

Options
  • 13-11-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI

I was in an accident with an uninsured driver back in June 2013. At the time I was insured with Setanta. Both myself and the 3rd party claimed the other was at fault, so it was left in the hands of the garda and Setanta. The 3rd party was also claiming personal injury. I had to claim off my own policy initially to purchase a replacement vehicle as it was a right off and I couldn't cover the cost of replacement. When setanta was liquidated the claim had still not been resolved, and as of today is still not. This is effecting my Insurance quotes massively.
    I am a 35 yr old male with no other previous claims, full licence with 2 points and am paying €2,800.00 per year to insure my van, and have been for the last 3 years. I really need to know how to resolve this. I use a broker and they say there's nothing that can be done. Does anyone know who I should contact to find out what is happening with the unresolved claim? Any help, information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement