Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scread Expert Concrete v UFH Scread

Options
  • 13-11-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just about to start building house, not a novice work in the construction industry but more of a structural/civil than interior and scread.

Anyway just changed bog standard oil and radiators to air to water heating with underfloor heating. Builder has said negligible cost difference but now brings up screads and insulation costs after saying we will change.

As far as I am aware concrete should be more expensive, but now he's saying scread for ufh is more and insulation. AFAIK that's bull ****.
    Screed and insulation is covered on detail so he's pulling a fast one. But I think is that he has not allowed for a scread that would take ufh.

Now, any work I am involved in is just sand cement scread and ufh. But is there a cheaper option he could have allowed for ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭madmac187

Sorry I have no idea why this doubled up cheers. Please delete one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement