Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftover shredded roast beef - what to do?

Options
  • 13-11-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

As the title says, i slow cooked a top side of beef today and have loads of shredded meat left over. Any ideas of what i could do? I was thinking of trying to make some sort of bbq sauce (something like a bbq brisket) and putting it on baps. Could that work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

yellow hen wrote: »
    As the title says, i slow cooked a top side of beef today and have loads of shredded meat left over. Any ideas of what i could do? I was thinking of trying to make some sort of bbq sauce (something like a bbq brisket) and putting it on baps. Could that work?

Beef fajitas or a mince substitute in cottage pie, chilli con carne or lasagne....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wraps or burritos maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Korean stir fried rice is your only man!

I like this Jamie Oliver version.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Pasties?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Tacos with shredded carrot, radishes and horseradish/sour cream sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I gave the korean fried rice a go...i loved the idea of it but i don't think i executed it that well. I was just guessing quantities and it ended up a tad dry but i'd definitely make it again. Thanks for the recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BBQ pulled beef rolls, ainec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

mix horseradish into cream cheese and serve with the cold beef + salt on a nice roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Soup.
    You can start with some fried onion, then add, variously:
    Barley
    Chopped carrots
    Peas
    Mushrooms
    Gravy....

And of course your excellent beef!

Simmer, stir, season, taste.

Serve with a chunk of decent bread.

Warming and satisfying in this cold weather. A whole meal in a bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fry it quickly on a high heat with honey, ginger, garlic & chilli to get a good sticky char on the meat pieces. Maybe add a bit of soy &/or lime juice at the end to give it a bit of 'gravy'. Serve with steamed sugar snaps/green beans/broccoli stems/whatever & noodles or rice.

Works a treat with pork & lamb too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Eat it off the plate while standing at the fridge, that's what I always wind up doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

kylith wrote: »
    Eat it off the plate while standing at the fridge, that's what I always wind up doing :D
    In fairness - me too! :o

Or bunging it in a sambo with lashings of Worcestershire sauce, salt & white pepper.

Advertisement