Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anybody explain how this works? Hse for €15k

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

racso1975 wrote: »
    Can anybody explain how this works to me please. It's a €15k deposit and 700 a month (you continue paying the mortgage) and you can get a mortgage in the next 7 years in your own name. Can't figure it out.

Cheers

http://touch.daft.ie/carlow/houses-for-sale/tullow/the-laurels-tullow-carlow-1343039/

Not sure about the legality of it but I know the house in question. I viewed it at the height of the boom just after it was built.. 2005 ish if I remember. Might be someone caught in negative equity and unable to sell because of a shortfall. A 15 grand lump sum and a years rent might put them in a position to sell?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Its a poorly thought out attempt by someone to get out of their negative equity scott free and get their 15k back.

They dont say how much more of a mortgage there is but presumably they want you to pay it all in full. This guy is presumably in a 150k house with 200k mortgage and wants someone to pay him 15k and then take over the mortgage payments. He magically turns a 50k negative asset into 15k positive cash!

The problems for the purchaser are:
    1. You wont actually own the property
    2. If 1 above is not enough to scare you off giving a stranger 15,000, then you have bigger problems.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Edit: just had a look at the auctioneers website. Seems a little amateurish to be honest. Only a mobile, about 4 or 5 properties for sale. It all sounds very odd:

http://www.pjg.ie/lettings

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Edit: just had a look at the auctioneers website. Seems a little amateurish to be honest. Only a mobile, about 4 or 5 properties for sale. It all sounds very odd:

http://www.pjg.ie/lettings
    It's "about" section is his CV? WTF?

=-=

The €15k thing sounds like a scam. After four years, he throws you out, and keeps your €15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

are you not just paying 15K for the privilege of renting his house until he decides he kick you out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

are you not just paying 15K for the privilege of renting his house until he decides he kick you out?

AND... pay €700 month for seven Years.

Where's does the €15k come into it in year 7.

Also... is he giving guarantee that he will sell the house to YOU in 7 years?? At what agreed rate?

Jaysus.... talk about loose arangements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Pat Garvey you absolute bloody chancer, though I've little sympathy for someone who might willingly give a stranger 15K with their eyes this closed.

The P.J Garvey auctioneers website also looks like something from Geocities circa 1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

My mother is in a situation at the moment where she has paid a deposit as a commitment to buy at a later date whilst she rents the house in question. She is waiting for her house to sell and has a legal contract and it's all above board.

This may just be light on details in the ad. A solicitor could make the deal work I suppose.

Still, looks dodgy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

As there is an existing mortgage on the house, has the bank agreed to the arrangement? If not, it is void.

Advertisement