Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stronglifts 5x5

• 14-11-2016 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi

Ok, I was previously advised to start the Stronglifts 5x5 regime and I wanted to just ask anyone's opinions of it that have tried it. Also, how long would you stick to this plan? Do you just keep adding weight, month after month?

Also im lucking to shed a bit of weight and tone up, would this plan suit?

I am thinking of buying everything needed for it (Power rack, olympic bar, weights, bench) simply because the local gym is quite small and usually crowded, so is very hard to get to use the equipment needed.
    I also find myself skipping days due to this but if I spend a lump on the equipment then I feel it will push me to use it.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    Hi

Ok, I was previously advised to start the Stronglifts 5x5 regime and I wanted to just ask anyone's opinions of it that have tried it. Also, how long would you stick to this plan? Do you just keep adding weight, month after month?

There are a number of 5x5s, Stronglifts is not the best one, but the differences between each are minimal. For the record, Id prefer one of the starting strength variations, or slightly modified ICF 5x5.
    But doing any of them is miles better than your typical Mens Fitness flavour of the month routine.

You keep adding weight, week after week. You can ride out the novice gains a long way

Advertisement