Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marmotte Granfondo Alpes 2017

Options
  • 14-11-2016 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Figured I'd start a thread for this.

I've never done anything like it but the club I joined recently have a few going so I'm sure we can get a training plan together.

Apparently it sells out fast, registration has just opened.

http://www.marmottegranfondoseries.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Also signed up, looking forward to it now. Good luck with the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Doc07

I've signed up also. Managing one club spin per week (80-100km) only at the moment but will be able to add an extended commute (40-50km) once a week soon.

The turbo is still looking brand new in the corner of the room. Must use it some day!

If anyone has tips on how to overcome a serious fear of descending feel free to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Doc07 wrote: »
    If anyone has tips on how to overcome a serious fear of descending feel free to share.

Practice.....a lot!

The descent from Sally Gap to Kilbride/Blessington is good as it's fairly straight and you can see any oncoming traffic from a long way off. Just beware of the sharp right at the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Doc07 wrote: »

For a far more pressing issue with the Marmotte, replace the "de" with "as" :pac:

Advertisement