Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Program USA vs IRELAND

Options
  • 14-11-2016 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I just recently graduated from DCU with a degree in communications. Im now faced with the tough job of finding a career that suits me. I want to get into advertising. My initial plan was to apply for the J1 graduate visa and head to LA or somewhere in California. I'm just back from a 3 month J1 visa and I met American friends who are heading in that direction to pursue various careers also. I'm struggling to decide whether I want to apply for graduate programs here or in the US. I feel under pressure because I only have a 12 month window to decide which one I want. I know it's very hard to get a paid internship in the US and I would need one to sustain myself over there. However I do have that travel bug after my summer abroad and I've found settling back into Ireland very challenging. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Advertisement