Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greystones station - leap card?

Options
  • 14-11-2016 3:39am

Wondering if anyone else has the same issue.? My boyfriend regularly travels between Bray and Greystones on his leap card and has awful trouble with tagging off. Card shows as tagged off but he has had 20 euro taken off his card overnight. I don't own a leap card myself so I don't know the ins and outs of it. Always happens at the Greystones end. Eg. He topped it up in Bray by 20 euro on Friday evening, tagged on, came off at Greystones station and tagged off. Next day we were going Dun Laoghaire and he couldn't tag on, balance came up as -2.08.

He's had three leap cards since his first broke, second lost, and third replacement are all behaving exactly the same way, taking about 20+ euro off him from Bray to Greystones (guessing the price of a ticket to Rosslare?) Anyone have any insight? Please!

Don't tell me he should take the bus instead! I've been telling him that for a year but it doesn't fix the problem really!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Tell him to use one of the ticket machines to tag off in Bray.

Also im not entirely certain but i dont think the leap card can be used for travel outside of kilcoole max fare calculated should be from bray to howth.

Another point is that on the dart the daily cap is €9.20. so i dont understand how 20 quid could be taken unless paying for extra fares( which i dont think works on the dart)

Oh the problem is him coming from Bray to Greystones. He's fine going the other way, back to Bray.

Also yes I remember reading about the max cap too. Honestly since I don't have one myself I can't comment but boyfriend usually uses his between Bray and Greystones. It definitely took 20 euro off his leap card more than once, for the journey between Bray and Greystones.

Just really wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Maybe the €20 did not register onto the Leapcard when he topped up. It happened to me once in Bray station.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I would contact leapcard customer service

http://about.leapcard.ie/contact

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement