Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not able copy files to NTFS drive from mac

Options
  • 14-11-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have NTFS external hard disk. Previously, I was using OS X El Capitan in my MAC and I had installed a Tuxera software to copy files from my MAC to hard disk. Now after upgrading to sierra OS, even if I install Tuxera application I am not able to copy files to my external hard disk. I have almost 1.5TB data in my hard disk so that I am not able to format it and convert it to another format.

Hard disk Brand: TOSHIBA
    Hard disk Capacity: 2TB

Can some suggest me a way to copy files to external hard disk.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It's been mentioned a few times that Mac OSX has NTFS write built in. It's experimental but can be enabled via the Terminal. Have a look here to see how.

Alternatively Fuse is quite good and is the default in many Linux distros like Mint.

Ken

Advertisement