Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire TV stick or Chromecast

• 14-11-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a complete novice here, so forgive me if my questions seem idiotic!

I'm looking for a straying device to plug into my TV, for the Internet, Netflix etc... I was recommended the Fire TV stick, the new one but I seem to be having an issue shipping it to Ireland.

Now, a few people online have recommended the Chromecast.

I'm just wondering, which would be better for my uses?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Can you use a service like Parcel Wizard to get it delivered. I use it alot. No issues with delivery.

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/HomePage#/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

neither, Buy an android box instead of a casting device IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Totally agree with above comment I would recommend an android box anyday over a firestick and an airmouse as well to control them easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭dubrov

Depends if you want something to sit under the tv or something more portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

steveon wrote: »
    Totally agree with above comment I would recommend an android box anyday over a firestick and an airmouse as well to control them easier.

In this instance, I need something portable, hence the Firestick.

With regards to Android boxes, with so many available, what should I really be looking for?

I'm aware thst they above question in like asking 'how long is a piece a string?' But I have to start somewhere!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Android box is smaller and weighs considerably less than say an Xbox controller, how is that not portable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Android box is smaller and weighs considerably less than say an Xbox controller, how is that not portable

exactly, the larger android boxes will fit in a jeans pocket with ease and you can get ones in a stick format of a similar size to a firestick or chromecast, though these tend to be fairly cr@p and have bad wifi reception.

Advertisement