Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosmith - 3 Arena - 14th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A support band would be good. What do aerosmith play nowadays, 90mins?
    setlists looked to be about that.

I would expect support, I imagine there would be loads of small bands who would gladly do it free.

Sometimes people reckon they hold back on support until they see how well the tickets sell.

Springsteen is about the only big act I hear of who very rarely has support, but he is doing 3 hours gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

rubadub wrote: »
    setlists looked to be about that.

I would expect support, I imagine there would be loads of small bands who would gladly do it free.

Sometimes people reckon they hold back on support until they see how well the tickets sell.

Springsteen is about the only big act I hear of who very rarely has support, but he is doing 3 hours gigs.

Paul Mccartney, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, none of these have support.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Paul Mccartney, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, none of these have support.

Interesting, never heard of those, it is commonl said about springsteen, though I had heard mc cartney plays a good 2.5 hours or so.

this is a thread on the eagles, also play long gigs.
    dodzy wrote: »
    Yep. 8pm start. 9.30 break. 9.45 restarts proper. 11.15 finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Who supported in Marley Park? I can't remember exactly , it was Chris Cornell and some band I can't recall

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

as its a farewell tour i imagine we will get all the hits on the setlist

saw U2,Bryan Adams, Fleetwood Mac and Rush in the 3arena in the past and they had no support bands and of course Bruce didnt have support bands for 3 of the 4 shows i saw him (Kilkenny 2013 was a festival type thing and Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey supported) . Could be the same for Aerosmith but with download being on the weekend before id love if they brought a band or 2 over with them (AFI and Fozzy please)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who supported in Marley Park? I can't remember exactly , it was Chris Cornell and some band I can't recall

The Feeling and Chris Cornell

You can see current setlists here.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/aerosmith-3bd6b8fc.html

I said I expected support but after those posts I am doubting myself. Maybe there will be no support as they might be doing more songs.

The Marlay gig would be very likely to have support as its sort of a mini festival, and marlay gigs usually open earlier. Marlay gigs usually have the support acts highly advertised -in fact I managed to got a refund as a support act pulled out and said I was only going to see them.

Also 3arena has a curfew in place so acts tend to come on earlier than in other venues, and so less time or need for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Anyone any idea where one might get standing tickets for this that doesn't involve getting seatraped seatwave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

COH wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where one might get tickets for this that doesn't involve getting seatraped seatwave?

Seats still on sale on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Seats still on sale on TM

Sorry... I forgot to specify standing tickets. OP edited

• Advertisement

Stick a wanted ad on toutless

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26816

most selling action usually happens closer to the gig as people pull out. I reckon a date in june is more likely to have people pull out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

If anyone has two tix they're not using, will you please remember me. Couldn't afford them at the time (still can't) but should have pulled the trigger on them. Desperately want to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

rubadub wrote: »
    Stick a wanted ad on toutless

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26816

most selling action usually happens closer to the gig as people pull out. I reckon a date in june is more likely to have people pull out too.

Seems a bit nuts to me to have Arcade Fire playing Malahide Castle the same night. Have my Aerosmith ticket but would have gone to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Seems a bit nuts to me to have Arcade Fire playing Malahide Castle the same night. Have my Aerosmith ticket but would have gone to both.
    Devin Townsend is also playing in The Academy that night as it happens, so a pretty good night for gigs. There'll be people who would happily go to all three if possible, myself included.

Yea i would have went to Arcade Fire as well

No need to head in early anyway Tyler Bryant and the shakedown supporting :(

No need to head in early anyway Tyler Bryant and the shakedown supporting :(

ah ffs there supporting Guns N Roses in London on the 16th June too

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2017/margaret-t-hance-park-phoenix-az-53e6af25.html

a recent setlist from Aerosmith and im praying this will not be the setlist for the upcoming tour as its missing a few classics

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ah ffs there supporting Guns N Roses in London on the 16th June too

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2017/margaret-t-hance-park-phoenix-az-53e6af25.html

a recent setlist from Aerosmith and im praying this will not be the setlist for the upcoming tour as its missing a few classics

Seems a short setlist. Was that a festival ? Agree the set doesnt look great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seems a short setlist. Was that a festival ? Agree the set doesnt look great imo

That is awful, yes it was a festival

Here's the last Aero gig they did, in Mexico, setlist was only 3 songs longer

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2016/arena-ciudad-de-mexico-mexico-city-mexico-5bfa9b98.html

What really REALLY irks me, is a band with a back catalogue like these guys have to stick in 3 covers.

i really want to hear Dude (looks like a lady)

As this is there 'Final' tour i would love if they done all there hits. Going straight from the 3arena too Dublin Airport too fly to London to see Guns N Roses. Living the dream

• Advertisement

Just been lookin at their website and the tour dates, final ever European tour and the final ever Aerosmith European show is in the rock/metal mecca of........Tenerife :rolleyes::rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    That is awful, yes it was a festival

Here's the last Aero gig they did, in Mexico, setlist was only 3 songs longer

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2016/arena-ciudad-de-mexico-mexico-city-mexico-5bfa9b98.html

What really REALLY irks me, is a band with a back catalogue like these guys have to stick in 3 covers.

Agreed with the covers dont no why they need them when they have buckets of their own hits that can be played. Part of me would nearly sell my ticket if that was the ticket but then the other half of me is like it will be the last time to see them

Agreed with the covers dont no why they need them when they have buckets of their own hits that can be played. Part of me would nearly sell my ticket if that was the ticket but then the other half of me is like it will be the last time to see them

not got tickets myself yet, they're my wife's fav ever band and she's never seen them (i seen them back in '88 for the first time)
    Will head along to the gig and pick up a pair cheap outside

Really hope it's a greatest hits setlist they do in Dublin. This is there supposed last ever European tour

I guess we will see when they start the tour in Israel in May

Can't wait for the rocking summer (Maiden, Guns N Roses and Aerosmith)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154832594968124&id=58153618123

Promo video for Euro tour and dude (looks like a lady) is featured

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2017/park-hayarkon-tel-aviv-israel-4be7fb7e.html

Tour kicked off tonight Israel. If be happy with that setlist

Apparently this 'farewell' will go on for a good few years and any return to Europe in the next few years??. Lack of UK Dates suggests so

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Getting close now, im really looking forward to this gig. Does anyone know if there is a support band? What time does the 3arena usually finish up? Im hoping to get the last dart home

Getting close now, im really looking forward to this gig. Does anyone know if there is a support band? What time does the 3arena usually finish up? Im hoping to get the last dart home

really looking forward to the show and liking the setlists from the tour so far

support is Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown (Brad Whitfords son is in the band)

Show will prob be over at 22.15-22.30 (Aerosmith will prob do just under 2 hours)

i have to get the green bus too the airport after the gig. Is that stop just outside entrance 1 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Once again, if anyone has tickets they can't use, please contact me

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    really looking forward to the show and liking the setlists from the tour so far

support is Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown (Brad Whitfords son is in the band)

Show will prob be over at 22.15-22.30 (Aerosmith will prob do just under 2 hours)

i have to get the green bus too the airport after the gig. Is that stop just outside entrance 1 ??

Not mad about the 3 covers, nothing off Rocks is a shame too ah well.

Download announced their set times Aerosmith doing 2 hours so gather that's what they've been doing all this tour prob finish closer to 11 I'd gather. Hopefully earlier I've to go Airport meself but prob just get a taxi.

Airlink runs from 5am-11:30pm and goes every 15 mins, Bus stop is Roadside of entrance 2 but nearest to entrance 3 as are all bus stops I think.

Advertisement