Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosmith - 3 Arena - 14th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Airlink runs from 5am-11:30pm and goes every 15 mins, Bus stop is Roadside of entrance 2 but nearest to entrance 3 as are all bus stops I think.

FYI Aircoach run 24 hours a day, every 15 mins up to midnight and then every 30 mins and stops at 3arena so either way you'll be okay but I would think you'd be there well on time before 11:30pm as it's right beside the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

grimm2005 wrote: »
    FYI Aircoach run 24 hours a day, every 15 mins up to midnight and then every 30 mins and stops at 3arena so either way you'll be okay but I would think you'd be there well on time before 11:30pm as it's right beside the arena.

I'm almost sure it's near entrance 1. Can i pay on the bus or do I have to book online ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm almost sure it's near entrance 1. Can i pay on the bus or do I have to book online ??

Think you get it a bit cheaper if you book online and it also means there is a seat reserved for you so you can skip any queue. Not sure what the aircoach is like after gigs but could be full.

rubadub wrote: »
    Think you get it a bit cheaper if you book online and it also means there is a seat reserved for you so you can skip any queue. Not sure what the aircoach is like after gigs but could be full.

Not flying out til 6.25am on thursday so in no great rush. Only pain is I can't bring my bag with me to the gig but I'm meeting someone at the airport anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

I have 2 seated tickets from sale in Block K if anyone is interested.

Link to Adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Decided to bite the bullet and go to this. Saw this morning that they dont hit the stage until 9pm, which is plenty of time to arrive from Limerick after work!

Just need to solve the ole' ticket issue now, but I expect the viagogowls and seatw*nkers prices to dip in the coming days!

Surprised to see they're only doing a 2ish hour set, when others are pushing the 2 and a 1/2 hour mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Made some minor changes in the set last night, pity it's not the covers that take the plunge but great to see
    Back in the Saddle
    in there

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

got 2 tics to this as a surprise so will be heading up from Cork with a buddy - not much accommodation around so might just do the aircoach up Wed , looks like the only option back is then 1am or 7am thursday morn.. not fancying to drive it up though.

Still hoping for a good show :)

Managed to get sorted by an absolute gentleman last night in Dublin. Absolutely cannot wait for this show now!

the last show before Dublin was played last night at the Download festival in Donnington

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2017/donington-park-castle-donington-england-be751ce.html

4 covers but lots of good original stuff too

looking forward too the show never saw them before and they have been on my bucket list for quite some time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

the last show before Dublin was played last night at the Download festival in Donnington

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/aerosmith/2017/donington-park-castle-donington-england-be751ce.html

looking forward too the show never saw them before and they have been on my bucket list for quite some time

Pity there's nothin' from Rocks.....could do without IDWTMAT, but decent nonetheless.;)

Grid. wrote: »
    Pity there's nothin' from Rocks.....could do without IDWTMAT, but decent nonetheless.;)

no way that song is going to be missing. What would the wedding dancing crowd do if it was ??? lol

a lot of casual fans (im one ill admit it) might not be familar with some of the stuff there playing and are there just to hear the hits

those vip packages are a bit of a rip off

Dont Want Too Miss A Thing Package- €1,165.86
    · One General Admission ticket or One Reserved Seat (Block D)
    · Photo Op with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry
    · Autographed Steven Tyler and Joe Perry 8x10
    · Take a trip through Rock N Roll history with the Aerosmith exhibit - view memorabilia from throughout their historical 40-year career
    · Exclusive Aerosmith 2017 picture frame
    · Aerosmith Tour Merchandise Item
    · Commemorative Aerosmith Tour Laminate

Live From The Tunning Room with Brad Whitford & Tom Hamilton- €367.68 - €387.68
    · One General Admission or One Reserved Seat (Block C)
    · Brad and Tom Q&A; sharing imitate details of what makes the music happen and all things Aerosmith
    · Personal Photo op with Brad and Tom
    · Do you want to play with the band? This is your once in a lifetime chance. You will have the opportunity to enter into a drawing to join the Aerosmith axmen for a jam session #INTHETUNINGROOM. Guitars, bass, and percussion will be on hand for you to use!
    · Take a trip through Rock N Roll history with the Aerosmith exhibit - view memorabilia from throughout their historical 40-year career
    · Opportunity to win VIP side stage access during the Aerosmith set
    · Exclusive Aerosmith picture frame
    · Aerosmith Tour Merchandise Item
    · Commemorative Aerosmith Tour Laminate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Surprised to see they're only doing a 2ish hour set, when others are pushing the 2 and a 1/2 hour mark.

I'm not. I seen them 10 years ago and I think they about 1hr 45 mins. Let's not forget Steve is what, 70 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

They put on a great show last night, was glad to finally see them in the flesh. Hopefully they'll put on a great show on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

How did Tyler's voice hold up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

How did Tyler's voice hold up?
    Sounded in good form, held up nicely.

just to be sure

Where is the bus stop outside the arena for Dublin Airport ???

is it by Entrance 1 ??? What time is the last bus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

just to be sure

Where is the bus stop outside the arena for Dublin Airport ???

is it by Entrance 1 ??? What time is the last bus

I'm not sure which bus company you are referencing, but two of Aircoach's services, stop to pick up, near the 3 Arena, going to Dublin Airport, and each service operates hourly, 24 hours.

It is the 702 Aircoach bus service between Greystones / Bray and Dublin Airport, and the 703 Aircoach service between Killiney /Dalkey and Dublin Airport, that have stops near the 3 Arena, to Dublin Airport.

The 700 service between Trinity College / Westmoreland Street and Dublin Airport, is the one that operates every 15 minutes during the day and every half hour throughout the night, but that one does not pick up at The 3 Arena. It picks up at Westmoreland Street, O'Connell Street and then Drumcondra.

The 702 bus services that would be available to you, from near The 3 Arena, in the hours after the gig, would be at 11.21pm, 12.21am. 1.21am, 2.21am, 3.21am and 4.21am.

The 703 timetable states that it stops near the 3 Arena at 11.51pm, then 12.51am, 1.51am, 2.51am and 3.51am

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-702-dublin-airport-greystonesbray

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-703-dublin-airport-killineydalkey

On the timetable the stop for the 3 Arena is listed as Gibson Hotel, Sherriff Street Upper.

I don't know where exactly the stop is for these particular services, but I noticed on the Aircoach website, this item, dated March 2017, about a temporary relocation of a stop near the 3 Arena which stated that the temporary stop will be in use until 30th April. Contact Aircoach to be certain of the location of the stop.

http://aircoach.ie/news/service-702-703-stop-change-effective-7th-march-2017

"We wish to advise customers that due to drainage works in the North Docklands area Sherriff Street Upper will be closed from the junction of New Wapping Street and Castleforbes Road from 00:01 Tuesday 7th March 2017 until 23:59 on Sunday 30th April 2017.
    Service 702 / 703 Towards Dublin Airport - "3" Arena / Gibson Hotel pick up point will be relocated to North Wall Quay, outside the "3" Arena just before the roundabout.
    Should you have any queries please contact the Aircoach Team on 01 8447118 or email at info@aircoach.ie.
    The Aircoach Customer Service Team."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Last seen them in the early 90's in the point.... bunch of auld lads up on stage I remember thinking.

Now I'm the same age they were then.

Truth is I don't remember a damn thing from that gig. Was put of my tree and trying to get off with some girls down the back for the whole gig. Could have been a tribute act playing for all I knew. Will pay more attention to the stage tomorrow night though.

Really looking forward to it now... watching some Behind The Music style docu on YT to get in the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Any idea what time they'll be on at?

No ticket yet, but thinking of going but cant get into until after 8:30 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Aerosmith are due on at 9 according to email. Tyler Bryant 7:45.

Due on at 9. Wont be there that long before you. The 9 o clock start is what swung it for me. Any earlier I'd never have made it

I'm not sure which bus company you are referencing, but two of Aircoach's services, stop to pick up, near the 3 Arena, going to Dublin Airport, and each service operates hourly, 24 hours.

It is the 702 Aircoach bus service between Greystones / Bray and Dublin Airport, and the 703 Aircoach service between Killiney /Dalkey and Dublin Airport, that have stops near the 3 Arena, to Dublin Airport.

The 700 service between Trinity College / Westmoreland Street and Dublin Airport, is the one that operates every 15 minutes during the day and every half hour throughout the night, but that one does not pick up at The 3 Arena. It picks up at Westmoreland Street, O'Connell Street and then Drumcondra.

The 702 bus services that would be available to you, from near The 3 Arena, in the hours after the gig, would be at 11.21pm, 12.21am. 1.21am, 2.21am, 3.21am and 4.21am.

The 703 timetable states that it stops near the 3 Arena at 11.51pm, then 12.51am, 1.51am, 2.51am and 3.51am

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-702-dublin-airport-greystonesbray

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-703-dublin-airport-killineydalkey

On the timetable the stop for the 3 Arena is listed as Gibson Hotel, Sherriff Street Upper.

I don't know where exactly the stop is for these particular services, but I noticed on the Aircoach website, this item, dated March 2017, about a temporary relocation of a stop near the 3 Arena which stated that the temporary stop will be in use until 30th April. Contact Aircoach to be certain of the location of the stop.

http://aircoach.ie/news/service-702-703-stop-change-effective-7th-march-2017

"We wish to advise customers that due to drainage works in the North Docklands area Sherriff Street Upper will be closed from the junction of New Wapping Street and Castleforbes Road from 00:01 Tuesday 7th March 2017 until 23:59 on Sunday 30th April 2017.
    Service 702 / 703 Towards Dublin Airport - "3" Arena / Gibson Hotel pick up point will be relocated to North Wall Quay, outside the "3" Arena just before the roundabout.
    Should you have any queries please contact the Aircoach Team on 01 8447118 or email at info@aircoach.ie.
    The Aircoach Customer Service Team."

Thanks I should of plenty of time after the gig

Can't wait for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 18 juggs

Hi i have one standing ticket for tonights gig in Dublin..Face value..thanks

For anyone that hasn't been to a gig in a bit, don't bring any back packs or even small handbags as they were all ended up dumped in the rain outside the 3 at the Eddie Vedder gig on Friday night. Might not rain tonight but even so they just get fcuked on the ground by people that come out early looking or theirs. Took me 20 minutes to find my purse man bag :p

Clutch purses and the like they let in though.

will i be ok to carry my portable powerbank in with me ??

its very small and in a pouch ?

I saw a tweet earlier on saying that an a4 sized bag was OK. Still a bit vague alright.

I saw a tweet earlier on saying that an a4 sized bag was OK. Still a bit vague alright.

are Tote bags allowed too ???

• Advertisement

Yup.... sure I had a laptop with me... didn't intend to but was delayed that day and thought I'd have time to go home but in the end had to get a taxi there and missed half of Glen's set....... when I got there there were queues of people being given clear plastic bags to carry anything inside and the bags themselves had to be dumped in a larger bag that was left outside.

After the gig all those bags were dumped in the lashings of rain by those that came out early and didn't know where their own bag was (considerate of them) and as a result took me ages to find mine as was the case for many. There were tons of huge lady bags and tons of man bags...... lots were A4 sized tbf though and so I wouldn't pay much attention to that.... but then again they may have decided A4 are okay now.

Small purses weren't a problem from what I could see anyway.... and given most women's clothes don't have pockets, that's a good thing I expect :P

Advertisement