Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosmith - 3 Arena - 14th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got in fine with my phone power pack

Merch is a bit disappointing

Enjoy the show everyone going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Christ Almighty.

What a gig going off down here tonight.

Would shag that 70 year old Tyler in a heartbeat.

****ing epic

Dream on about to start

Unreal gig would of loved if we got 'crazy' but can't really complain much loved what we got. Tyler is some showman and his voice was on fire tonight. The rest of the band were on fire too. There deff one of the greatest bands in the history of rock n roll

Think liv Tyler was at the side of the stage. Tyler Bryant and the shakedown were ok but got a bit boring and the bs the singer went on about being honoured to support Aerosmith etc 'eh the guitarists dad is in aerosmith'

Delighted too get them off the bucket list as this is supposably the last time we will see them play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think liv Tyler was at the side of the stage.

Are you kidding me! :eek: Which side? Would loved to have seen her (in a nonchalant not so obvious kinda of way of course).

Great gig, really enjoyed it.........dare I say that maybe they played one too many covers...... would have much preferred to hear Amazing or Angel for example...... but you can't have everything and Dream On was fcuking awesome.

Hope they do a scaled down acoustic gig down the road some time.

Tyler looks fecking amazing by the way.... 70 years old in just over nine months or so. Crazy.

No pun intended.

• Advertisement

Are you kidding me! :eek: Which side? Would loved to have seen her (in a nonchalant not so obvious kinda of way of course).

Great gig, really enjoyed it.........dare I say that maybe they played one too many covers...... would have much preferred to hear Amazing or Angel for example...... but you can't have everything and Dream On was fcuking awesome.

Hope they do a scaled down acoustic gig down the road some time.

Tyler looks fecking amazing by the way.... 70 years old in just over nine months or so. Crazy.

No pun intended.

Could of been wrong and it was a similar looking women too liv but too the left of the stage there were a group of people there for all of the aerosmith gig and all seemed too be vips and there was a black haired women there who Steven looked over too a few times.

Some women jumped up on stage at the start of the gig and hugged Tyler anyone notice ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Could of been wrong and it was a similar looking women too liv but too the left of the stage there were a group of people there for all of the aerosmith gig and all seemed too be vips and there was a black haired women there who Steven looked over too a few times.

Some women jumped up on stage at the start of the gig and hugged Tyler anyone notice ???

How did you get on getting the bus? I'm just wondering, where the bus picked up and how near to the 3 Arena the pick up point is located.

I reckon it is possible that the people who were at the left hand side of the stage - on the left hand side as we faced the stage - throughout the gig, may have bought the Meet and Greet packages?

On the Aerosmith website in the section for VIP tickets, it says that, under the VIP tickets details for the "Live from the Tuning Room” with Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton" tickets, that there is "Opportunity to win VIP side stage access during the Aerosmith set".

Interestingly, the "Opportunity to win VIP stage access during the Aerosmith set" is not listed as an item in the details for the far more expensive Meet and Greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry:

Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” Meet n Greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry
    $1,000.00 USD Per Person

Live from the Tuning Room” with Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton
    $300.00 USD Per Person

http://www.aerosmith.com/vip

http://aerosmith.shop.ticketstoday.com/basket.aspx?Action=AddTickets&eventId=174641

How did you get on getting the bus? I'm just wondering, where the bus picked up and how near to the 3 Arena the pick up point is located.

I reckon it is possible that the people who were at the left hand side of the stage - on the left hand side as we faced the stage - throughout the gig, may have bought the Meet and Greet packages?

On the Aerosmith website in the section for VIP tickets, it says that, under the VIP tickets details for the "Live from the Tuning Room” with Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton" tickets, that there is "Opportunity to win VIP side stage access during the Aerosmith set".

Interestingly, the "Opportunity to win VIP stage access during the Aerosmith set" is not listed as an item in the details for the far more expensive Meet and Greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry:

Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” Meet n Greet with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry
    $1,000.00 USD Per Person

Live from the Tuning Room” with Brad Whitford and Tom Hamilton
    $300.00 USD Per Person

http://www.aerosmith.com/vip

http://aerosmith.shop.ticketstoday.com/basket.aspx?Action=AddTickets&eventId=174641

Bus stop was just outside entrance 1 and i was only waiting about 10 mins, few other busses arrived before hand for swords and other places.

Could be VIPs, for the price or those of tickets they deserve the best view in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Gig was amazing, transport after it was a complete joke. The luas queues and I only counted a total of 3 luas that left the point as we walked up the tracks. Thats the one bad thing about the point; no proper Dublin Bus stops or train, so youre stuck wih the poxy luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

What a brilliant show. I was expecting them to be good, but they were absolutely brilliant. The energy Steve Tyler has!

One thing, that a few others have said about the tour too, is that they should have pulled back the covers. I'd have taken Jaded, Pink or Crazy over one of the Fleetwood Mac tunes, but other than that it was brilliant. Let The Music Do The Talking is some show opener!

Was my first time driving to the Point straight from Limerick after work, and glad to see if a band is playing at 9 that it can be done. The drive back alone flew as I was still buzzing the entire time!

One note- only for the fact the ticket said "Farewell Tour" you wouldn't have known it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What a show, was way better than expected, and thought they were way better last night than ten years ago in Marley Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Truthfully - I think last night was the best rock gig I've ever been at, anywhere.

They were on fire, casting all today's young bearded pretenders aside in a maelstrom of filthy southern rock and funk and raw in your face sexuality.

Truthfully - I think last night was the best rock gig I've ever been at, anywhere.

They were on fire, casting all today's young bearded pretenders aside in a maelstrom of filthy southern rock and funk and raw in your face sexuality.

I could not believe how good Steve's voice was- and the fact that it held up throughout the whole show. God, it was phenomenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Went as a last minute thing and thought it was OK only.

Too many covers and, looking around me , the crowd looked a bit bored a lot of the time.

Admittedly I'm not a super fan, but there was no comparison to GNR in Slane IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

xpletiv wrote: »
    The luas queues and I only counted a total of 3 luas that left the point as we walked up the tracks. Thats the one bad thing about the point; no proper Dublin Bus stops or train, so youre stuck wih the poxy luas.
    Tip; Never head straight for the Luas have a chat till it cools down, grab a beer perhaps. Walk rather than wait with that mess. If you're really in a hurry grab a rickshaw for the banter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

I've always wanted to see them live and i'm so glad i went. Awesome show, despite the transport problems and getting screwed by seatwave. I actually really liked the covers in the middle. Not sure which songs they were but someone mentioned fleetwood mac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've always wanted to see them live and i'm so glad i went. Awesome show, despite the transport problems and getting screwed by seatwave. I actually really liked the covers in the middle. Not sure which songs they were but someone mentioned fleetwood mac

What issues you have with Seatwave? Only asking as used them once or twice myself to buy cheap last minute tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

scudzilla wrote: »
    What issues you have with Seatwave? Only asking as used them once or twice myself to buy cheap last minute tickets

No issues I just found them expensive. I should have waited until closer to the gig but I really wanted to go

Not sure which songs they were but someone mentioned fleetwood mac
    Peter Green era - Stop Messin 'round & Oh Well

They also played Mother Popcorn by James Brown during encore and I'd hazard a guess there's no need telling you the name of the Beatles song they did :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

One lady followed him on at the start, and she looked like she was in the band, but then she just stood there recording until she was removed by security. I noticed there were about four girls between the barrier and the stage, so it must have been one of them. By the end of the concert, there were about 10 on each side between the barrier and the stage.

Great gig, no gimmicks, just old fashioned rock and roll. Was in block D with the two rows in front of me empty, so had a great view, and only bought the ticket last week on ticketmaster. Thought the cameraman holding the camera between his legs, after Tyler dived on the mat was a bit strange.

His voice sounds great. Whereas Axl Rose at Slane was like a tribute to himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Although I was much further away from stage than I would have liked to have been, I enjoyed this immensely. I had never seen the 'Smith live before and it was definitely a bucket list gig for me. Not bad at all for a bunch of seventy year olds!!

Admittedly I'm not a super fan, but there was no comparison to GNR in Slane IMO

Buzzkill!! :)

By all means 2 fantastic gigs sound was immense last night really enjoyed it, of course would have rathered an auld Jaded or Back in the Saddle instead of the covers but ah well same can be said for New Rose or Knockin on Heavins Door hey hey hey in that sense only difference being GnR had an extra hour to play around with.

GnR was my preferred of the 2 for what's it's worth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tip; Never head straight for the Luas have a chat till it cools down, grab a beer perhaps. Walk rather than wait with that mess. If you're really in a hurry grab a rickshaw for the banter :D

Another tip: walk over the bridge and at the other side you can slip into Ringsend. Never a queue over there for a bus and a great place to park before the gig also as there is never traffic jams there after Point gigs either.

xpletiv wrote: »
    Gig was amazing, transport after it was a complete joke. The luas queues and I only counted a total of 3 luas that left the point as we walked up the tracks. Thats the one bad thing about the point; no proper Dublin Bus stops or train, so youre stuck wih the poxy luas.

In fairness to the Luas service, it takes around 10 minutes to get back to Abbey Street, and they usually have two trams waiting at the end of each gig, for the crowds straight after the gigs end, so if you leave pretty much as soon as the gig ends and queue and get one of the waiting trams, you'll get back into town quick enough.

The Luas service is very regular to and from the Point throughout the day as well.

I find that if you leave straight after a gig, and have your ticket previously bought, it doesn't take that long to queue, to get back into town using the Luas, from The Point.

I find that if you hang on in the venue, you will be more likely to be waiting longer, as you will miss the trams that are ready to take passengers, as soon as a gig ends. If you miss these waiting trams, you are then waiting for the next normal scheduled service, which as far as I know, is less frequent than during the day.

I don't consider the Luas service, to and from The 3 Arena, to be a poxy service:)

I remember going to gigs in The Point before the Luas service operated, and the the quickest way going to and from gigs there, was a walk, to and from the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Would anyone who was at last nights gig have a ticket stub they could give me please? I have collected all my concert ticket stubs since the 80s but only had a printout for last night and failed to get one at the event. It would be much appreciated .. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

In fairness to the Luas service, it takes around 10 minutes to get back to Abbey Street, and they usually have two trams waiting at the end of each gig, for the crowds straight after the gigs end, so if you leave pretty much as soon as the gig ends and queue and get one of the waiting trams, you'll get back into town quick enough.

The Luas service is very regular to and from the Point throughout the day as well.

I find that if you leave straight after a gig, and have your ticket previously bought, it doesn't take that long queue, to get back into town by the Luas, from The Point.

I find that if you hang on in the venue, you will be more likely to be waiting longer, as you will miss the trams that are ready to take passengers, as soon as a gig ends. If you miss these waiting trams, you are then waiting for the next normal scheduled service, which as far as I know, is less frequent than during the day.

I don't consider the Luas service, to and from The 3 Arena, to be a poxy service:)

I remember going to gigs in The Point before the Luas service operated, and the the quickest way going to and from gigs there was a walk, to and from the venue.

Agreed, Luas is far better than the bus!

And just to add to the tips: skip the point stop and walk a couple of minutes to the next one up and hop on there. You'll be the only one waiting and you'll easily squeeze yourself on cos they send them off before they get too full up at the point.

Or better yet, if you're just going back into the city, just walk it, it's only 20mins to O'Connell st and tbh the fresh air is nice after a stuffy gig.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Agreed, Luas is far better than the bus!

And just to add to the tips: skip the point stop and walk a couple of minutes to the next one up and hop on there. You'll be the only one waiting and you'll easily squeeze yourself on cos they send them off before they get too full up at the point.

Or better yet, if you're just going back into the city, just walk it, it's only 20mins to O'Connell st and tbh the fresh air is nice after a stuffy gig.

This. Plus, it's actually a quite pleasant walk!

This. Plus, it's actually a quite pleasant walk!

It used to always feel like a much longer walk going to the venue - when there were less people going to the venue at any one time - than walking back after the gig!:)

larry1 wrote: »
    Would anyone who was at last nights gig have a ticket stub they could give me please? I have collected all my concert ticket stubs since the 80s but only had a printout for last night and failed to get one at the event. It would be much appreciated .. Thank you!

If you don't manage to get a ticket to keep as a souvenir, here is the tweet from MCD about the gig, which was posted last November.

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/798118450291937281

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

larry1 wrote: »

Send me your address via pm and I'll post it to you if you're still looking

Advertisement