Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incredibly bad customer support

Options
  • 14-11-2016 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I have been attempting to contact customer support since last Thursday. I haven't been able to get through on the phoneline (waited 20mins). No live chat open. No email address to contact directly outside of a online contact form.

Went to login last thursday and my login randomly does not work and is not recognised. Have been using the same login since 2010. Subscribe to PS+ and have emails detailing recent transactions season passes etc. Yet when I go to login in on that email it says that it does not exist.

So I can't even go down the "request a new password" route as it says the login is not recognized. I also can't login to the community forums without a login. Very frustrating as not only is it a gaming console but we use it for everything like netflix and sky.

Any ideas?

I'm just baffled by how a massive company like Playstation can have such shocking customer service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I have been attempting to contact customer support since last Thursday. I haven't been able to get through on the phoneline (waited 20mins). No live chat open. No email address to contact directly outside of a online contact form.

Went to login last thursday and my login randomly does not work and is not recognised. Have been using the same login since 2010. Subscribe to PS+ and have emails detailing recent transactions season passes etc. Yet when I go to login in on that email it says that it does not exist.

So I can't even go down the "request a new password" route as it says the login is not recognized. I also can't login to the community forums without a login. Very frustrating as not only is it a gaming console but we use it for everything like netflix and sky.

Any ideas?

I'm just baffled by how a massive company like Playstation can have such shocking customer service!

Cant help with your issue but just wanted to agree their customer support is among the worst I have ever come across. Thankfully I haven't had to use them much but when I have it has been painful.

I had to wait about 40 minutes to get someone to answer the phone, then they asked me to try something and ring back if the problem persisted. I used email to contact them, but their response was so ridiculous, it was obvious they didn't even begin to try to understand the problem.

The only suggestion I can give you is to try their customer support number as soon as it opens in the morning (I think it starts at 9am). I tried that a couple of times and got through much quicker - under 10 minutes. Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

That's the nunber? It's nearly impossible to find it in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That's the nunber? It's nearly impossible to find it in the first place!
    It's on the 'Help' page on the PlayStation website. First result on Google.
    (01) 691 7379
    That line is open until 7pm.

But yeah, it's incredible how mixed peoples' experience with their customer support, I've never had to call them up or anything myself, but I've seen people praising their hardware support operations. However, opinions regarding PSN support has been mostly negative from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have not used my Playstation since December 2013 or 2014, cant remember, because they banned my account after i got a refund for something I didnt purchase through the bank instead of through them since they refused to refund me.

Too long to post everything here but if you want to ready my plight its here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94943693

I still call them from time to time hoping they would unban me but they wont unless I pay them.

Edit: I used these 2 emails when I contacted them sonyentertainment.UK@eu.sony.com and
    networksupport@uk.playstation.com

Advertisement