Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Eir broadband

Options
  • 14-11-2016 3:08pm

Am thinking of moving from VM to Eir but have a few questions.
    1. If I sign up to Eir, Will an engineer run a new cable from the street to my house? I live in an estate where your 1 gigabit broadband is available.
    2. When on the Eir website (on my mobile), I can't see any option for getting a price on anything higher than 100mbit broadband. Where can I see prices for full package with higher broadband speeds.
    3. When Eir provide a modem/router, can it be put in bridge mode, so that I can just connect it to my existing home network?
    Cheers - Derek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Am thinking of moving from VM to Eir but have a few questions.
    1. If I sign up to Eir, Will an engineer run a new cable from the street to my house? I live in an estate where your 1 gigabit broadband is available.
    2. When on the Eir website (on my mobile), I can't see any option for getting a price on anything higher than 100mbit broadband. Where can I see prices for full package with higher broadband speeds.
    3. When Eir provide a modem/router, can it be put in bridge mode, so that I can just connect it to my existing home network?
    Cheers - Derek
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. :D [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]1. The technician will run a line into the distribution point in your home, this is usually inside your front door. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]2. The website would usually advise the customer on the best option available to them, unfortunately it sounds like you cannot avail of an option higher than 100mb. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]3. I'm afraid we are unable to provide support on bridge mode but that's not to say users can't explore this at their own discretion.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela  [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]1. The technician will run a line into the distribution point in your home, this is usually inside your front door. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]2. The website would usually advise the customer on the best option available to them, unfortunately it sounds like you cannot avail of an option higher than 100mb. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]3. I'm afraid we are unable to provide support on bridge mode but that's not to say users can't explore this at their own discretion.[/font]

Thanks Pamela,

For point 2, I was accessing the information on your website via my mobile phone. It never asked for an address. Do you have a link to where I can check services available at my address?
    Your sales person a few months ago was more than happy to sell me up to 1 gigabit broadband!

Thanks Pamela,

For point 2, I was accessing the information on your website via my mobile phone. It never asked for an address. Do you have a link to where I can check services available at my address?
    Your sales person a few months ago was more than happy to sell me up to 1 gigabit broadband!
    No problem  Deleted User, you can check this here here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Checked my address and can get all services including 1 gigabit broadband. I see the cost of the packages are about the same as I currently pay with Virgin.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Checked my address and can get all services including 1 gigabit broadband. I see the cost of the packages are about the same as I currently pay with Virgin.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please do let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement