Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duel Bundle V's two seperate providers

Options
  • 14-11-2016 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at a house that has both gas and electricity. I was on bonkers comparing the different energy providers for when I move in and I noticed there is the option to have the same provider for gas and electricity or have separate providers for them.

Looking at it currently, I could go with Energia for both my gas and electricity which would amount to €1,736.58 for the year or if I go with Energia for my electricity (€919.30) and Flo Gais for my gas (€763.73) it would amount to €1,683.03 for the year. There is a difference of €53.55 for the year if I go with two separate providers than one.

I have never had both electric and gas in a house so what I want to know is, is there a disadvantage of choosing two providers over one provider and if there is, would a saving of €53.55 come close to negating it?

Personally I don't care if they are with two providers or not.

Thanks for your help

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

From an admin point of view, you may prefer to have 2 utilities under the one account, but I can't think of any other reason. It's really no problem to have different.
    The key with most utilities / services, is switch as often as you can to avail of new customer discounts. Existing customers tend to get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two suppliers has almost always been cheaper than a bundle. You will pay 4 to 12 more bank charges (10c, if even) for the payments, depending on bill cycle and that's about it.

Advertisement