Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New National Ambulance Station - Davitt Road, Dublin 12

• 14-11-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭

Walking down Davitt Road today, I noticed that there is a lot of building work going on in the vicinity of where a factory used to be, near the Kilworth Road junction. A sign outside says something along the lines of "New National Ambulance Station opening February 2017" - I did a google search but couldn't find anything on it.

Anyone have any more info? It looks like a substantial building is going up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Probably the replacement for the old base in James's Hospital.

That's being demolished to make way for the new children's hospital and the NAS are currently working out of Cherry Orchard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

Cheers, thanks for the info. Looks like a fairly big complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭kub

Could this be an indication that the NAS will be taking over for DFB in Dublin?

A few images of signs at the entrance to the site

kub wrote: »

Someone said already that it's the James' Hospital base moving due to children's hospital going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The station in St. James is now closed down with temporary facilities in Cherry Orchard. The Davitt Road location will be the new station taking over from the James's roster.

What's worth noting is the size of the new facility and with modern ambulance services working out of large operational hubs, who knows what may be ahead with the ongoing advancements in the National Ambulance Service.

Bang Bang wrote: »
    The station in St. James is now closed down with temporary facilities in Cherry Orchard. The Davitt Road location will be the new station taking over from the James's roster.

What's worth noting is the size of the new facility and with modern ambulance services working out of large operational hubs, who knows what may be ahead with the ongoing advancements in the National Ambulance Service.

Going by the size of the new facility, together with its location, it could be rather busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭secman

The site adjacent to it , the old Lyons Tea is to be used as a car park for all of the construction staff when the new hospital is bring built, and using the luas to get to the hospital site. Nice to see joined up thinking for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

kub wrote: »

Let's not go down that road causing histerics:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

a quote from the Herald link above states "Last year, the NAS responded to 53,941 call-outs in the Dublin region, around 10,000 fewer than the DFB." DFB this year alone have reached 100,000+ ambulance ONLY calls in Dublin (this figure doesn't include fire tender mobilisations to medical calls or ambulance assists either) so I would imagine this is wrong?? or am I miss reading this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

blackmark wrote: »
    a quote from the Herald link above states "Last year, the NAS responded to 53,941 call-outs in the Dublin region, around 10,000 fewer than the DFB." DFB this year alone have reached 100,000+ ambulance ONLY calls in Dublin (this figure doesn't include fire tender mobilisations to medical calls or ambulance assists either) so I would imagine this is wrong?? or am I miss reading this?

Yeah, definitely time for the professionals in HSE to take over all Dublin calls .....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hammer15

blackmark wrote: »
    That's wrong - the 100,000+ is inclusive of all medical calls attended to by Dublin Fire Brigade whether attended by a tender, rapid response vehicle or ambulance. ie. each incident is allocated a Patient Care Report Form.

Advertisement