If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55"+ TV Upgrade Query

Options
  • 14-11-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hey John & Crew,

You seem to be fairly busy with similar enquiries at the moment so sorry for the duplication but here I go anyway. (not a bad complaint for you)

So after upgrading my AV receiver to the Denon AVR X4200W 2 months ago from you guys I've the wife prep'ed that I might be getting a new TV shortly too. 

I'm considering the Samsung UE55KS7000 but also might be persuaded to go for the 60" or the 55" KS8000....for the right price.

If I was to go for the 60" do you know what the distance between the feet on it is? And is it possible to put them closer together? I read somewhere that there was an option to move them closer together on the larger models but couldn't find anywhere to back that up. If they are around 1250mm apart or greater it would put them right at the edge of my unit and probably rule it out.

With respect to Black Friday if I buy a TV less than 7 days before and there is a reduction by you, or a competitor, on the day will you price match? As you are aware some of your competitors only offer a 5 year warranty instead of 6 so would you just use that as justification not price match? 

I might just hold out and deal with the Black Friday madness (and inevitable delays in receiving goods) in 2 weeks to be safe but if you could PM me your best bordsie price for each of the above (or any other you think I should be considering) it would be appreciated. 

Regards,
    Fran

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

fran426ft wrote: »
    Hey John & Crew,

You seem to be fairly busy with similar enquiries at the moment so sorry for the duplication but here I go anyway. (not a bad complaint for you)

So after upgrading my AV receiver to the Denon AVR X4200W 2 months ago from you guys I've the wife prep'ed that I might be getting a new TV shortly too. 

I'm considering the Samsung UE55KS7000 but also might be persuaded to go for the 60" or the 55" KS8000....for the right price.

If I was to go for the 60" do you know what the distance between the feet on it is? And is it possible to put them closer together? I read somewhere that there was an option to move them closer together on the larger models but couldn't find anywhere to back that up. If they are around 1250mm apart or greater it would put them right at the edge of my unit and probably rule it out.

With respect to Black Friday if I buy a TV less than 7 days before and there is a reduction by you, or a competitor, on the day will you price match? As you are aware some of your competitors only offer a 5 year warranty instead of 6 so would you just use that as justification not price match? 

I might just hold out and deal with the Black Friday madness (and inevitable delays in receiving goods) in 2 weeks to be safe but if you could PM me your best bordsie price for each of the above (or any other you think I should be considering) it would be appreciated. 

Regards,
    Fran
    Fran,

thanks for the post - and the 55KS7000 is a really nice TV - but of course the 55KS7000 is just that significant bit nicer - its pretty mega actually - the biggest issue the 55KS8000 has is that its starting to get close to the price of the LG OLED 55B6 which is just the best in class.

On the 60KS7000 the feet are almost at the outer edges of the screen and the position is fixed so I'm not sure that would suit you, but anyway if it was me I'd probably sacrifice the additional 5 inches for the enhanced quality of the UE55KS8000 or of course even better the OLED 55B6. ( and as the KS8000 has a centre pedestal you wont have any of the set-up issues that you may have with the 60KS7000!

In terms of you price beat queries its a case by case basis - some competitors advertise limited availability promotions where they only have very limited stocks and we will not price beat these - realistically the goods have to be in stock and available for delivery to Ireland - if all other T's and C's are the same we would not generally refuse a price beat on a 5 year v's the 6 year warranty.

I've gotta get out of the office now or divorce will follow, but I'll PM you best pricing in the morning,

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I see the UE55KS7000 has dropped by another £20 on the UK site. 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55ks7000/sams-ue55ks7000

I'm still holding out to see if there are any further reductions by the end of the week or hoping there is a significant drop on the KS8000. The current 8000 price difference (£570) just isn't justified by the features to me. 

Fran

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

No problem Fran - just keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

fran426ft wrote: »
    I see the UE55KS7000 has dropped by another £20 on the UK site. 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55ks7000/sams-ue55ks7000

I'm still holding out to see if there are any further reductions by the end of the week or hoping there is a significant drop on the KS8000. The current 8000 price difference (£570) just isn't justified by the features to me. 

Fran
    Hey Fran426ft.

At the moment our prices are changing every day as other retailers change theirs.

What we are offering at the moment is that any products purchased this week we will offer refunds on the difference in pricing should it go down between now and Black Friday.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.