Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[14-11-2016] Disruption to Maynooth, sligo and M3 Parkway Services

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Also 40min delays to Kildare line services for an unconnected reason. Taxi it is then!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Saw the delay and thought 'ah ffs'. After realising what happened the bus doesn't seem so bad. RIP to the poor man killed.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Some of the replies to Irish Rail on Twitter are unbelievable. Everything from "Are Irish Rail gonna pay for my taxi now?", "ffs" and someone on the train involved in the fatality tweeting not long after it happened "Let us off the train, I've got places to be". What has happened to basic patience and empathy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

What a self absorbed and narcissistic society we've become if that's the reaction of commuters that knew what the incident related to!! :(:(:(

RIP to the poor victim and condolences to his loved ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Poor person and of course the driver. Thoughts also with the family at this difficult time. I'm caught up as I commute on that line put I've no problem being put out.

I think there needs to be a discussion around preventing such occurrences on the train lines. Far too often this is happening and it is quite common on the Maynooth line. I've personally known one person who died after being hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Services actually resumed rapidly enough. Far quicker than many UK TOCs do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Irish Rail on Twitter are saying that train services are resuming along Coolmine with the long delays easing significantly into the evening.

Unfortunately it doesn't take way the fact that a man was fatally injured on the line today. RIP & condolences to his family & friends.

Advertisement