Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA 2017 club and intercounty thread.

Options
  • 14-11-2016 5:27pm

Open for the new season folks. Keep tipping away in 2016 if you wish to for the time being but this is there waiting for you in any case.

;):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

My wish for 2017,Tipp to beat KK in the All Ireland senior hurling final again.:cool:

tippspur wrote: »
    My wish for 2017,Tipp to beat KK in the All Ireland senior hurling final again.:cool:

Aul Cody has been ratified tonight I see. How'd he swing that one? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Aul Cody has been ratified tonight I see. How'd he swing that one? ;):p

Cats have nine lives :D

Allianz National Football League Division 3

Sunday February 5 - Clonmel GAA Field, 2pm, Tipperary v Antrim

Sunday February 12 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 2pm, Tipperary v Sligo

Saturday February 25 - O'Moore Park, Portlaoise, 7pm, Laois v Tipperary

Sunday March 5 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 1pm, Tipperary v Longford

Sunday March 19 - O’Connor Park, Tullamore, 2pm, Offaly v Tipperary

Sunday March 26 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 3pm, Tipperary v Louth

The Division 3 Final between the top two teams will be played at Croke Park on April 8.

Allianz National Hurling League Division 1A

Saturday February 11 - Croke Park, 5pm, Dublin v Tipperary

Sunday February 19 -Walsh Park, Waterford, 2pm, Waterford v Tipperary

Sunday March 5 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 3pm, Tipperary v Clare

Saturday March 11 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 7pm, Tipperary v Kilkenny

Sunday March 26 - Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork, 3pm, Cork v Tipperary

The Division 1A quarter-finals will be played on the weekend of April 1/2.

The semi-finals will be played on April 16 and the final is scheduled for April 23.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Clint Westwood

marvin80 wrote: »
    Allianz National Football League Division 3

Sunday February 5 - Clonmel GAA Field, 2pm, Tipperary v Antrim

Sunday February 12 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 2pm, Tipperary v Sligo

Saturday February 25 - O'Moore Park, Portlaoise, 7pm, Laois v Tipperary

Sunday March 5 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 1pm, Tipperary v Longford

Sunday March 19 - O’Connor Park, Tullamore, 2pm, Offaly v Tipperary

Sunday March 26 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 3pm, Tipperary v Louth

The Division 3 Final between the top two teams will be played at Croke Park on April 8.

Allianz National Hurling League Division 1A

Saturday February 11 - Croke Park, 5pm, Dublin v Tipperary

Sunday February 19 -Walsh Park, Waterford, 2pm, Waterford v Tipperary

Sunday March 5 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 3pm, Tipperary v Clare

Saturday March 11 - Semple Stadium, Thurles, 7pm, Tipperary v Kilkenny

Sunday March 26 - Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork, 3pm, Cork v Tipperary

The Division 1A quarter-finals will be played on the weekend of April 1/2.

The semi-finals will be played on April 16 and the final is scheduled for April 23.

Missing is Armagh v Tipp in the last Football League game, probably in Cross first weekend in April. 4 home games and away to Offaly and Laois not too much travelling involved.

• Advertisement

Munster Fixtures: http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/senior/

Football
    QF 1 Cork Waterford 27/5 or 28/5 Fraher Field Dungarvan
    QF 2 Clare Limerick 27/5 or 28/5 Cusack Park Ennis
    SF 3 Kerry Clare or Limerick 10/6 or 11/6 Cusack Park Ennis or Fitzgerald Stadium Killarney
    SF 4 Tipperary Cork or Waterford 10/6 or 11/6 Pairc Ui Rinn or Semple Stadium Thurles
    Final 2/7

Hurling
    QF 1 Tipperary Cork 21/5 Semple Stadium Thurles @ 4pm
    SF 2 Limerick Clare 4/6 Semple Stadium Thurles @ 4pm
    SF 3 Waterford Cork or Tipperary 18/6 Semple Stadium Thurles or TBC @ 4pm
    Final 9/7

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭klose

I read Stephen o Brian will be playing hurling again next season, admire his ambition but if he's not getting game time hopefully he might reconsider. Did I read in this forum or another that Liam McGrath might be playing football this season?

klose wrote: »
    I read Stephen o Brian will be playing hurling again next season, admire his ambition but if he's not getting game time hopefully he might reconsider. Did I read in this forum or another that Liam McGrath might be playing football this season?

Poor Steven is deluded and yes McGrath who was also deluded but knows better now will be on the Football panel!

Paudie maher named captain for the coming season, callanan named vice captain.

Poor Steven is deluded and yes McGrath who was also deluded but knows better now will be on the Football panel!
    Surly Steven O Brien must be doing something right if Mick Ryan is happy for him to stay on at the hurling,if he had nothing going for him Mick would surly be telling him not to bother.

• Advertisement

Paudie maher named captain for the coming season, callanan named vice captain.
    Good choice.

Steven was doing well in the A v B games i believe. Ill give him the benefit of the league this year. Dont forget Seamus Kennedy has been around the senior panel for a while too. Sometimes it can take more than a year. Mick Fennelly didnt break on to the KK side immediately and he was captain in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Although I do believe Paudie will be a great captain, why was the captaincy taken from Brendan? If it ain't broke don't fix it and looking at how well Tipp havery played with Brendan as captain it certainly doesn't seem like anything needed to be fixed.

GerB40 wrote: »
    Although I do believe Paudie will be a great captain, why was the captaincy taken from Brendan? If it ain't broke don't fix it and looking at how well Tipp havery played with Brendan as captain it certainly doesn't seem like anything needed to be fixed.

Brendan has had his go and was a fine captain.He has lifted the trophy and wont complain. Paudie deserves this opportunity.

Steven was doing well in the A v B games i believe. Ill give him the benefit of the league this year. Dont forget Seamus Kennedy has been around the senior panel for a while too. Sometimes it can take more than a year. Mick Fennelly didnt break on to the KK side immediately and he was captain in 2009

Seamus Kennedy always had it in him got his chance and took it. Steven on the other hand doesn`t and has done nothing that makes him stand out for Ballina from what people tell me. He went to DCU on a Football scholarship that prominent people on the county Football board pushed hard for him to get and this is how he thanked them. Kearns asked him to play in the Munster final and got the okay from Ryan but he said no.

Seamus Kennedy always had it in him got his chance and took it. Steven on the other hand doesn`t and has done nothing that makes him stand out for Ballina from what people tell me. He went to DCU on a Football scholarship that prominent people on the county Football board pushed hard for him to get and this is how he thanked them. Kearns asked him to play in the Munster final and got the okay from Ryan but he said no.

Thats interesting and tbf he didnt look much against Mullinahone. Dont think the college gives a fúck about who gets scholarships. its mere propaganda. He has repaid the college because he won a sigerson for them. I dont think he was under an obligation to line out for the county due to the fact they had a word in DCU's ear about getting him a bursary/scholarship. The lad prefers hurling and we have to respect his preference at the end of the day. I think he would be better to stick with football like Bill Maher because he is wasting his talent but if he feels he has something to offer then he should give it this year at least. If he doesnt break on by Championship then hopefully he'll concede like Bill did and make a decision. id have no hesitation in taking him. He is a quality footballer

Seamus got a bit fortunate because Barry Heffernan had that no 5 shirt to lose and unfortunately he suffered a concussion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Thats interesting and tbf he didnt look much against Mullinahone. Dont think the college gives a fúck about who gets scholarships. its mere propaganda. He has repaid the college because he won a sigerson for them. I dont think he was under an obligation to line out for the county due to the fact they had a word in DCU's ear about getting him a bursary/scholarship. The lad prefers hurling and we have to respect his preference at the end of the day. I think he would be better to stick with football like Bill Maher because he is wasting his talent but if he feels he has something to offer then he should give it this year at least. If he doesnt break on by Championship then hopefully he'll concede like Bill did and make a decision. id have no hesitation in taking him. He is a quality footballer

Seamus got a bit fortunate because Barry Heffernan had that no 5 shirt to lose and unfortunately he suffered a concussion

The difference is Seamus was always a decent hurler, poor Stephen isn't !!!

Thats interesting and tbf he didnt look much against Mullinahone. Dont think the college gives a fúck about who gets scholarships. its mere propaganda. He has repaid the college because he won a sigerson for them. I dont think he was under an obligation to line out for the county due to the fact they had a word in DCU's ear about getting him a bursary/scholarship.[/B]The lad prefers hurling and we have to respect his preference at the end of the day[/B]. I think he would be better to stick with football like Bill Maher because he is wasting his talent but if he feels he has something to offer then he should give it this year at least. If he doesnt break on by Championship then hopefully he'll concede like Bill did and make a decision. id have no hesitation in taking him. He is a quality footballer

Of course I respect his preference, but he has to be honest with himself.

solerina wrote: »
    The difference is Seamus was always a decent hurler, poor Stephen isn't !!!
    Of course I respect his preference, but he has to be honest with himself.

Talk is though that he gave James Barry alot to worry about in the A v B games. There must be something in him and Ryan proved this year with Dan McCormack that he is able to get an extra 10% out of players.

I would agree though he is too good a footballer to be on the bench for any length of time. If he isnt a nailed on starter at the end of the league then i would agree he should call it a day.

Training panel named. John Meagher and Fitzelle included

http://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-sh-pre-season-training-panel/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Training panel named. John Meagher and Fitzelle included

http://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-sh-pre-season-training-panel/

What are our sub keepers like? Given gleesons age surely they should get some game time in the league

digzy wrote: »
    What are our sub keepers like? Given gleesons age surely they should get some game time in the league

Surely Paul Maher should be tried to along with Hogan and Mooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

So nearly into 2017 what are people's hopes(realistic....) for the year?

Hopefully SOB will look to play football if he isn't making any head way with hurlers.
    Will we see some fixtures for league warm ups any time soon???

So nearly into 2017 what are people's hopes(realistic....) for the year?

Hopefully SOB will look to play football if he isn't making any head way with hurlers.
    Will we see some fixtures for league warm ups any time soon???

Will be interesting to see how we fare this year. We are now the top dog and everyone will be vying to take us down. expect the intensity levels will be raised against us by everyone. id expect us to be in the mix but i think it will be even tougher. I expect Waterford will improve immensely on last season. Galway will be strong. God only knows what would have been if Canning stayed on the field last year. Their forwards lacked the killer instinct when he left the field.

Kilkenny will struggle to fill those holes left behind by Tyrell and Larkin in terms of their experience and leadership in the dressing room but id expect them to be involved in the business end of the season all the same. Clare and Limerick could prove tough nuts to crack this year. Hell even Wexford could prove a stiff test. Davy could spark a bit of interest down there.

Im not sure of his long term effects but short term he is capable of causing a surge in belief
    Dramatic improvements needed on leeside. Not beyond them but they need to tighten up that defence. Similar to their soccer counterparts Arsenal, they have a soft centre and lack the physicality and leadership they had in the mid noughties when they had the Rock, Sean óg, Donal óg, the o'connors, wayne sherlock, brian corcoran, pat mulcahy, etc.

Tough one for the footballers too, acheson gone this season and teams won't take us lightly this time round. I personally can't see them fairing as well as last season but hopefully am wrong, league will be interesting. Hopefully Stephen o brien reconsiders and I'm interested to see Liam McGrath. Any other players out there who might surprise us this season?

Tough one for the footballers too, acheson gone this season and teams won't take us lightly this time round. I personally can't see them fairing as well as last season but hopefully am wrong, league will be interesting. Hopefully Stephen o brien reconsiders and I'm interested to see Liam McGrath. Any other players out there who might surprise us this season?

If OBrien doesn`t feature then Liam Casey should be there. Excellent player and could make up for Acheson, still young but Kearns will get the best out of him. Diarmuid Foley has been really good for Moyle Rovers this year was poor in the County final where he never got going, hope to see him going well, bit of extra fire power along with Cian Hennessy. Overall a way stonger panel than last year I am very optimistic. Just over a week to go to the start of Mcgrath cup.

I'm also interested to see how josh Keane does this season too, fabulous player and some engine on him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The Tipperary senior football squad as named in tipp star
    Philip Austin (Borrisokane), Liam Boland (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Aidan Buckley (St Patrick’s),
    David Butler (Drom & Inch), Alan Campbell (Moyle Rovers), Liam Casey (Cahir), Paddy Codd (Killenaule),
    Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan-Kilcash), Willie Connors (Kiladangan), Martin Dunne (Moyle Rovers), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Diarmuid Foley (Moyle Rovers), Brian Fox (Éire Óg Annacarty),
    George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers), Joseph Hennessy (Loughmore-Castleiney), Cian Hennessy (Loughmore-Castleiney),
    Josh Keane (Golden-Kilfeacle), Jack Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials), Conor Kenny (Borris-Ileigh), Ciarán Kenrick (Moyle Rovers), Robbie Kiely (Carbery Rangers, Cork), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan-Kilcash),
    Ciarán McDonald (Aherlow), Aidan McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney), Liam McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney),
    Emmet Moloney (Drom & Inch), Alan Moloney (Rockwell Rovers), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Shane O'Connell (Golden-Kilfeacle), Kevin O'Halloran (Portroe), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Michael Quinlivan (Clonmel Commercials),
    Paul Shanahan (Upperchurch-Drombane), Colm Stapleton (Upperchurch-Drombane), Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen) &
    Liam Treacy (Loughmore-Castleiney).

http://www.tipperarystar.ie/news/sport/229573/liam-kearns-is-keen-to-see-where-his-fast-improving-tipperary-panel-can-go.html?refresh_ce

Didn't think jack Kennedy would be involved this season, think he's only 19? Again, another brilliant talent and often a standout for commercials at senior level at his age.

• Advertisement

Didn't think jack Kennedy would be involved this season, think he's only 19? Again, another brilliant talent and often a standout for commercials at senior level at his age.

If he`s a standout regularly for Commercials at Senior then he is good enough to be involved with Tipp. Some really good forwards in the panel I think Austin will struggle to stay in the starting 15 and OHalloran will be under pressure too.

Advertisement