Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA 2017 club and intercounty thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is Conor Kenny any good at the football? Lads from Kildare were telling me he's not great.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Clint Westwood

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Is Conor Kenny any good at the football? Lads from Kildare were telling me he's not great.

Not got a clue pal, Won`t have seen him kick a ball with Borrisoleigh anyway!

Worth a try I suppose. I notice the Leahy twins didnt make the panel of 40. Poor Shane struggled against Mayo when he came on for Robbie Kiely last year.

No Philip Quirke either. He mustn't have fully recovered from the bad injuries. Such a pity. A rolls Royce of a player

http://tipperary.gaa.ie/mcgrath-cup-football-kerry-v-tipperary/

Worth a try I suppose. I notice the Leahy twins didnt make the panel of 40. Poor Shane struggled against Mayo when he came on for Robbie Kiely last year.

No Philip Quirke either. He mustn't have fully recovered from the bad injuries. Such a pity. A rolls Royce of a player

From what I hear he won`t play again, was on the Moyle Rovers Squad for the County Final but was water boy on the day, Quad problem which he tried to get over a few times. Unreal feet for a lad 6 and a half foot tall.
    Big turn over in players from last year, hope Willie Connors performs well, a real battler. Under 21s play Galway tomorrow also in the Peter McNulty Tournament run by Laois GAA.

From what I hear he won`t play again, was on the Moyle Rovers Squad for the County Final but was water boy on the day, Quad problem which he tried to get over a few times. Unreal feet for a lad 6 and a half foot tall.
    Big turn over in players from last year, hope Willie Connors performs well, a real battler. Under 21s play Galway tomorrow also in the Peter McNulty Tournament run by Laois GAA.

Jeez thats an awful pity re Quirke. Is the two Bolands from Moyle Rovers any relation?

Fahey, Lonergan and Casey will make some difference to the panel next season. Achey a huge loss though no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well beaten by a Kerry u21 today but in fairness it was very much a trial 15 for Tipperary, josh Keane the only familiar face form last season started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

klose wrote: »
    Well beaten by a Kerry u21 today but in fairness it was very much a trial 15 for Tipperary, josh Keane the only familiar face form last season started.

It was the Kerry u21 team and 4 scores over an hour is very poor regardless.

Foxy, Comerford and Robbie Kiely started. Our lads were very unfit and lacked any sharpness, I was shocked at how unfit they were bar Fox and Kiely who gave everything they had and seemed to be in half decent shape. Some of our passing was atrocious.
    Seen Tipps first game in the League last year away to Limerick and they were very lucky to get a draw so they will improve alot and plenty to come back. Was very disappointed however with Jack Kennedy, Lonergan and some more of the younger lads.

14 point defeat to kerry under 21's is embarrassing no matter what team we had out, they're all county players.

Kerry have serious underage teams coming through which will unfortunately prevent us from winning a munster in the next 10 years imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

14 point defeat to kerry under 21's is embarrassing no matter what team we had out, they're all county players.

Kerry have serious underage teams coming through which will unfortunately prevent us from winning a munster in the next 10 years imo

Phenomenal no doubt but its early doors yet.

If someone had told me in late March last year while Kildare were hammering us in Clonmel that Tipperary would play in an all ireland semi final in August having beaten Cork, Galway, and Derry, id have been carried across the road to St Lukes in an insane fit of laughter

• Advertisement

Phenomenal no doubt but its early doors yet.

If someone had told me in late March last year while Kildare were hammering us in Clonmel that Tipperary would play in an all ireland semi final in August having beaten Cork, Galway, and Derry, id have been carried across the road to St Lukes in an insane fit of laughter

True , Kerry Under 21s have been at it since August, we have plenty to do but it will be done! Regardless of how we go on Wednesday night against Cork we will be ready by the time the League starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Suprised about the Leahy twins given their involvement over the past couple of years. Are they injured perhaps?

The Tipperary senior football squad as named in tipp star
    Philip Austin (Borrisokane), Liam Boland (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Aidan Buckley (St Patrick’s),
    David Butler (Drom & Inch), Alan Campbell (Moyle Rovers), Liam Casey (Cahir), Paddy Codd (Killenaule),
    Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan-Kilcash), Willie Connors (Kiladangan), Martin Dunne (Moyle Rovers), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Diarmuid Foley (Moyle Rovers), Brian Fox (Éire Óg Annacarty),
    George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers), Joseph Hennessy (Loughmore-Castleiney), Cian Hennessy (Loughmore-Castleiney),
    Josh Keane (Golden-Kilfeacle), Jack Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials), Conor Kenny (Borris-Ileigh), Ciarán Kenrick (Moyle Rovers), Robbie Kiely (Carbery Rangers, Cork), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan-Kilcash),
    Ciarán McDonald (Aherlow), Aidan McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney), Liam McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney),
    Emmet Moloney (Drom & Inch), Alan Moloney (Rockwell Rovers), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Shane O'Connell (Golden-Kilfeacle), Kevin O'Halloran (Portroe), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Michael Quinlivan (Clonmel Commercials),
    Paul Shanahan (Upperchurch-Drombane), Colm Stapleton (Upperchurch-Drombane), Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen) &
    Liam Treacy (Loughmore-Castleiney).

http://www.tipperarystar.ie/news/sport/229573/liam-kearns-is-keen-to-see-where-his-fast-improving-tipperary-panel-can-go.html?refresh_ce
    Is Acheson out for the season then?

Actually just seen this in the article.
    "[font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Unfortunately we have lost Peter Acheson who is, to all intents and purposes, an All Star,” Liam Kearns explained."[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Paddico wrote: »
    Suprised about the Leahy twins given their involvement over the past couple of years. Are they injured perhaps?

tbf one of 'em was brought on against Mayo and was subbed again soon after.

Hard to come back from that....

Actually just seen this in the article.
    "[font=Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Unfortunately we have lost Peter Acheson who is, to all intents and purposes, an All Star,” Liam Kearns explained."[/font]

I believe he is gone for two years atleast and from some of the interviews he gave he is not in a mad rush to get back, who can blame him working in dubai after all. Could only be a story, but he apparently had a job offer in america and was due to go in the summer but with tipp progressing he stayed on and eventually the job offer was then off the table.

Anyone know how the u-21's got on the other day and who played

Saw this on twitter but nothing else
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]HALF-TIME Peter McNulty Under 21 Football competition: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]@TribesmenGAA[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 3-8 [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]@TipperaryGAA[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 0-3[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]HALF-TIME Peter McNulty Under 21 Football competition: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]@TribesmenGAA[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 3-8 [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]@TipperaryGAA[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] 0-3[/font]

Galway 3-12 Tipperary 1-7

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Q for the Tipperary folk. I watched highlights of the U21 final from 2010 last night and couldn't believe how good / razor sharp Brian O'Meara was. Looked a real prospect, what happened him? There was a Sean Curran fella and a Heffernan lad too who both looked decent but can't recall seeing them again.

Hennessy was a very commanding midfielder also, I reckon he might have tipped the balance for ye in at least one of the important games that were lost from 2011-2013. Pity.

Sean curran is knocking about with the hurling panel afaik, I believe he started one of the Munster championship games last year? Buggy o meara has been off the scene for a bit I think, was certainly a fair bit of hype about him a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Big crowd in The Ragg today for the Harty QF between Thurles and Templemore, Templemore won by 3-14 to 1-10. They're playing Nenagh in the next round and will be hard bet, based on today's performance. Some good hurling in it despite the cold conditions, plenty of talentedplayers coming through in Tipp at present, long may it continue.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Big crowd in The Ragg today for the Harty QF between Thurles and Templemore, Templemore won by 3-14 to 1-10. They're playing Nenagh in the next round and will be hard bet, based on today's performance. Some good hurling in it despite the cold conditions, plenty of talentedplayers coming through in Tipp at present, long may it continue.

Certainly a turn up for the books, plenty of the minor winning team on both sides, Brian McGrath and Fairbrother can do no wrong.

Tipp All-Ireland minor winners key as Templemore see off Thurles in Harty Cup http://the42.ie/3181212

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Another bad loss for the footballers tonight against cork, by 15 points.

Galway 3-12 Tipperary 1-7
    Not great but early days. Anyone know what u-21 team was fielded?

Again missing a good few regulars, Liam McGrath looked lively scored 3 points. We are 2-1 favorites with PP to win Division 3, serious improvement needed to justify this.

Speaking to a guy who was at it he said that Tipp were stuck to the ground which is to be expected in January. Id rather build on what we had last year then win a meaningless cup in January and disappear for the rest of the season.

We got to the final of that competition in 2013 having beaten Cork and then lost to 14 man Carlow in the first round of the league which ultimately cost us promotion.

Our two main targets should be promotion and a Munster championship. Realistically both can be achieved. I know Kerry are good but we have some good footballers ourselves. Cork will be out for revenge too and Waterford made it difficult on us last season. It will be tough but its not impossible.

Speaking to a guy who was at it he said that Tipp were stuck to the ground which is to be expected in January. Id rather build on what we had last year then win a meaningless cup in January and disappear for the rest of the season.

We got to the final of that competition in 2013 having beaten Cork and then lost to 14 man Carlow in the first round of the league which ultimately cost us promotion.

Our two main targets should be promotion and a Munster championship. Realistically both can be achieved. I know Kerry are good but we have some good footballers ourselves. Cork will be out for revenge too and Waterford made it difficult on us last season. It will be tough but its not impossible.

I wouldn`t call the McGrath meaningless, as you said we beat Cork in it our first time beating Cork at Senior level in 70 years, got that monkey of our back and since beat them in the Championship and should have done 2 years ago as well. I feel if we were to beat Kerry once at Senior even in the McGrath it gives the players the belief they can put it up to them anytime.
    I was at the McGrath Cup final in 2013 (probably Philip Quirkes last game for Tipp) in Tipp Town on a day when the weather was similar to what we have now, sleet and bitterly cold with a gale force wind, not ideal conditions but what surprised me was the Kerry support. They travelled in serious numbers. Winning McGrath that year didn`t do Kerry any harm as they kicked on and won Munster and got to an All Ireland semi final. Also at the Carlow game, was not Peter Achesons finest hour!
    Would agree with what our targets should be, I`m concerned with the lack of hunger and fitness with just 3 weeks to go to our first League game, Cork boys weren`t stuck to the ground.

Both playing for Tipp Town today and both scored!

Any Divisional Championship draws made yet? Only 1 I know of so far is Mid under 21 football. That starts next weekend, Sars v Holycross.

• Advertisement

Anothe Loss for the u-21s
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Peter McNulty U-21 Football Tournament
    Full Time Laois : 2-15(21)
    Tipperary: 1-11(14)[/font]

Advertisement