Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA 2017 club and intercounty thread.

Options
124»

Comments

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    He's working in Kilkenny now, the locals wouldn't be too fond of him.

I thought Paudie has been assigned to Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I thought Paudie has been assigned to Limerick?

I heard he got switched with another lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Clint Westwood

Really disappointed with that today, Offaly giving Antrim a pasting really puts it in perspective! Surprised with the Team Selection, Casey has to start instead of Dunne who lacks the physical presence to compete in Midfield, seen him play for Tipp Juniors 2 years ago and didn`t rate him at that level. Why Ohalloran didn`t start after his performance last week is strange. Comerfords kick outs were very poor. Ball lost or given away too easily, A lot of work to do in the next 2 weeks or we are in danger of going down. 750 at the game which I was happy with considering the bitter cold, twice the average for a Tipp League game. Friends of Tipp Football selling membership outside the Stand and one of them told me that appox 1000 people have signed up which they are delighted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Just on the hurlers yesterday. Felt we went through the motions really which is incredible to sat because of the margin of the win but Dublin minus their Cuala contingent were awful.

What a ridiculously superb man Paudie Maher is. His second point was simply outrageous.

Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emSM48UdPsE

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Big game on Sunday, Waterford looked really impressive last Sunday. Their physicality was immense. Certainly will give us a much better idea of where we're at.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Big game on Sunday, Waterford looked really impressive last Sunday. Their physicality was immense. Certainly will give us a much better idea of where we're at.

They looked physical alright but threw in some dirty fouls as well - Daniels should have been sent off for example.
    Waterford should be wary come Championship time - Kilkenny will remember the attention Waterford gave them and deal with them accordingly!!

Regarding Sunday - should be a good test for Tipp.

marvin80 wrote: »
    They looked physical alright but threw in some dirty fouls as well - Daniels should have been sent off for example.
    Waterford should be wary come Championship time - Kilkenny will remember the attention Waterford gave them and deal with them accordingly!!

Regarding Sunday - should be a good test for Tipp.

Definitely was a physical game but I wouldn't say he deserved to be sent off, yellow card was fair. Waterford were out to bully kk in their own back yard and succeeded. They've seriously bulked up over the winter. Waterford were laying down a marker. Was a big psychological boost for Waterford if nothing else.

Sunday will be an eye opener for a few of the tipp lads imo. Great test for this time of year. Will be interesting to see what team is selected.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Are we on tg4 today?

digzy wrote: »
    Are we on tg4 today?

Tg4 and Eir sports

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tipp Hurling team for Sunday.
    TIPPERARY: Daragh Mooney; Joe O'Dwyer, James Barry, Donagh Maher; Seamus Kennedy, Ronan Maher, Tomas Hamill; Brendan Maher, Barry Heffernan; Steven O'Brien, Niall O'Meara, Noel McGrath; John O'Dwyer, John McGrath, Aidan McCormack.

• Advertisement

How come no match discussion on here? is it going on somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭klose

tippspur wrote: »
    How come no match discussion on here? is it going on somewhere else?

Plenty in the tipp gaa thread on the gaa forum. Again it brings up the questions as to why there's two threads about the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

klose wrote: »
    Plenty in the tipp gaa thread on the gaa forum. Again it brings up the questions as to why there's two threads about the same topic.
    Nothing wrong with it especially as this can be set up yearly while thread in GAA forum can, like all other threads in that forum, continue until they reach 10k post max.

Football finished 10 a piece, game going to extra time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Limerick 16 points tipperary 14

Limerick through to munster semi final.

Good times appear to be over for tipp football underage. Was good while it lasted. Couldn't expect it to continue for ever.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bubbles taking stupid shots in the end trying to be a hero. If he took his time we were winning that. . .

V poor to throw away such a big lead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Great game. I feel like Mooney could be making an effort to dive for the penalties though. I know Reed is hitting them at rocket speed but if you guess a side correctly there's a good chance he'd stop it

Great game in Thurles tonight,KK not gone away yet but we should have won it with the chanced we had near the end of the game,impressed with Niall O Meara but Cahill and Seamie looked a bit rusty..

Great game. I feel like Mooney could be making an effort to dive for the penalties though. I know Reed is hitting them at rocket speed but if you guess a side correctly there's a good chance he'd stop it

Id like to have another look at it but they looked absolute rockets from my vantage point. Even under the old system they would be hard to stop.

Id like to have another look at it but they looked absolute rockets from my vantage point. Even under the old system they would be hard to stop.

Yeah 2 cracking penalties in fairness, I'd still prefer to see the goalie at least make an effort to save it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Oh i agree, but if the keeper makes a guess at which side it's going to then at least he has a chance to get it. Standing still on the line does nothing though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Michael Quinlivan looked every bit an All Star last night. Great to see that he got his accolade while still playing Division 3 football.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sweeney scoring 2-7 too, the guy is a sharpshooter! Always good to win but shipping 18 points to Longford? Then again it was one of this tit for tat games.

Oh i agree, but if the keeper makes a guess at which side it's going to then at least he has a chance to get it. Standing still on the line does nothing though

Unless he hits it down the middle. Most penalty takers I've seen just go for power, Reid perfectly combined power with accuracy. Almost unstoppable.

Both penalties were debatable imo. Atleast now if he gets one in the summer keepers will have a better idea of what he's going to do.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fair play going up north and getting the win today. Safe to say they made promotion more difficult than it should've been mind you!

Well done to the Tipp footballers today,amazing finish to the game.

Advertisement