Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legality of Tablet Presses

Options
  • 14-11-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5 DennyMoriarty

Can anyone fill me in on the legality of tablet press machines in Ireland? Are they illegal? What is the punishment for possession of one etc.?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Could possession of one be consider evidence/proof of illegal drug manufacturing, or would that be up to the Judge/Jury

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Could possession of one be consider evidence/proof of illegal drug manufacturing, or would that be up to the Judge/Jury
    It's always up to a judge/jury :)

However if the question is whether possession of one would be sufficient to give a Garda reasonable cause to suspect you're manufacturing drugs, I think the answer is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

seamus wrote: »
    It's always up to a judge/jury :)

However if the question is whether possession of one would be sufficient to give a Garda reasonable cause to suspect you're manufacturing drugs, I think the answer is yes.

Just clean the press with bleach after every batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Homer

Just clean the press with bleach after every batch.

The voice of experience right there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Tefral

Isn't this what they always say "drug and drug paraphernalia" were found in a raid?

I think it could be construed as part of manufacturing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

If they don't find the drugs then surely the drug paraphernalia isn't enough to build a case on?
    That said, bulking agents are often found in raids and aren't they illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

But fraud is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

I started writing a story years ago about using a tablet press to make fake pills and sell them, tried to get an answer on the legality of selling and manufacturing fake pills and how the story could say it was legal. Hard to get a clear answer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Stoogie wrote: »
    I started writing a story years ago about using a tablet press to make fake pills and sell them, tried to get an answer on the legality of selling and manufacturing fake pills and how the story could say it was legal. Hard to get a clear answer .

I remember years ago seeing a BBC documentary about a music festival in England - might have been Glastonbury. The programme showed a young woman being searched by police and being found to be in possession of a large quantity of what they thought were tabs of blotting paper LSD. The programme explained that when they were laboratory tested, it turned out there was no drug present - so the police charged her with "going equipped to deceive".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stoogie wrote: »
    Depends on what you're calling them.

You could use a tablet press to make homeopathic pills out of flour and baking powder, and there's nothing that could be done.

If you make pills and call them ecstasy or whatever, despite having nothing in them, you're on a shakier ground since you're still committing fraud at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Homeopathic ecstasy is the way forward so !

Advertisement