Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm.... Not.... Ready....

Options
  • 14-11-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭

Really feels like destiny is finishing up its first attempt and I'm not ready to say goodbye! There is still so much more pvp I want to be averagely good at!

It does feel like the momentum of destiny is finally dissipating, the relative struggle for iron banner the week gone screams that to me. I would like to continue playing, but for me destiny is really about playing in large groups - solo queuing to pvp or playing with one other person doesn't intice me greatly.

With no new content on any sort of horizon - only vague December and February live events (SRL and doubles?) to come, I don't see how bungie will maintain a community drive or motivation even short term, never mind through to the summer when I guess destiny 2 hype might bring some renewed enthusiasm from the community.

Do you reckon you'll be playing much destiny over the next few weeks? Never mind months? Or will titanfall, Battlefield, call of duty, skyrim or others games take you away til bungie offers something truly new and substantive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm looking forward to trying other games. I'll probably still jump on once a week for a bit :)

Bit of Overwatch, gonna start TLOU finally, got Total War Warhammer and Civ 6 recently, and the Resi Remake.

Destiny benefits from breaks I feel.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't gone near it since I got the last artefact and completed hard raid. I'm ok with that though. Truth is I was pretty on the fence about buying RoI and I was kind of glad to be done with it. Game has outstayed its welcome a bit for me.Will still be keeping my eye on how the next game is looking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

once I get my three characters to 400 that'll be me. 3 years of my life. Destiny's saved me a ton of money as I didn't buy many games. Any game I got I didn't complete. Need to finish off Doom, X-com, Diablo 3, Uncharted remastered, Sniper Elite, Far Cry 4, Dying Light, The Division and the two Metro games. Battlefield will take up some time - really enjoying it.
    Also going to pick up the two dishonoured games, 2 Watchdog games considering GTA5 for the PS4 and Days Gone looks good.
    oh and can't wait for destiny 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've just bought this game in the last week so yeah can see myself playing for the next few months at least, best 30 euros I've ever spent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can see myself dipping back to Destiny every now and then, still loads for me to do as I don't tend to overplay it like most do so I do have loads to do when I do get around to playing.... :)

Battlefield 1 on my Pro will be taking my time up mainly until Destiny 2 I'd say, it's really good to play in a large number of people in a party....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm reaching that odd point myself. Certainly not ready to move on and just leave the game. I come to this game time and time again for the community. When the Aksis challenge came out I found myself not bothered pushing to complete it straight away, and it was at odds with that 'fear of missing out' psychology that keeps you playing. Was away for the weekend and seeing people posting for raids, IB etc and it was fine. Got home Sunday evening, turned on the PlayStation and went in to Netflix instead. Watched some Westworld tonight, (again after powering on the PlayStation, think it's out of habit), but I think the days of killing myself to grind anything in it are done. All that said, I don't really have any other games I want to play. If i want some gaming, I'll throw on Destiny and get some quality PvP or a raid. Kind of satisfies me for what I want.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah the last two weeks its been dead, not many raids etc happening. I havent been on too much myself but its not really going to pick up too much pace. I have played a good bit of PvP in the last few weeks and am really enjoying it now as I can compete :D So for me going forward the only content for me is really the PvP side of things. You never know I might get a few more flawless runs in before Destiny 2 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Didn't particularly enjoy ROI, though that's probably more to do with how the games replayability has been decreasing with every new DLC than the content itself. PvP has gotten progressively worse too.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'll probably jump in for some raiding and PvP each week. Still have to get those warlock exotic snakey gloves...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Have had pretty much no game time at all the last week. Started IB on Tuesday, and managed to get the Titan to 5 by Wednesday. Came home from work Thursday and Internet was down. Internet fixed on Saturday, and got Warlock to 5 on Sunday afternoon. The next few weeks will see little game time as we are in the process of moving, and the new house is not set for Fibre, so that'll be another couple weeks before resolution.

All that said, I haven't really missed Destiny. I have HM completed couple times on Titan and Lock. All 3 chars are 390/2. Haven't completed either challenges, and not all that fussed about it TBH. As jonny said, the main thing that will bring me back is the PvP (and to think I started my Destiny journey as a PvE only, was never a fan of PvP).

Not sure what games I want to play in the meantime. Have been tempted by Titan(master race)fall 2, get back to Diablo 3. Try finish the story mode of The Division. Only problem is they all require internet. May be time to break out the WII.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    I'll probably jump in for some raiding and PvP each week. Still have to get those warlock exotic snakey gloves...

The game is reaching that post DLC hype settling phase again where you have the same 10/12 players looking to raid each week with the odd special guest star. That's how KF felt throughout this summer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    The game is reaching that post DLC hype settling phase again where you have the same 10/12 players looking to raid each week with the odd special guest star. That's how KF felt throughout this summer

Well in fairness I am special :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well in fairness I am special :P

That you are Jonny, that you are

Come play Overwatch, you'd enjoy that Conovar. More about using your brain than being an awesome shot. Also it's a lot of Laugh-Out-Loud Fun and there is a high banter RNG chance and you can feel like a Legend when you do something awesome at an important time.

Battlefield, CoD and Titanfall 2 hold no interest for me at this point, especially at full price.

I'd do a co-op PvE playthrough of the main content of the Division once it's like €12.50, I have no intention of paying €30 for that game regardless of how well it's been patched/updated and I have no intention of grinding any sort of "end-game" for more than a few sittings

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got Titanfall the other day when I got the Pro. Installing The Division (which I bought on release) and Overwatch on to the new console today. Will certainly give Overwatch another go - an actual fair go this time. Not just one play session.

The Division can be a time sink. Really enjoyed levelling up from 0-30. End game was way too grindy for too little reward imo but I haven't played it since it was patched. Kind of frustrated me in the end. I spent all my money trying to get a better roll on something and then just quit in a huff.

Got Titanfall the other day when I got the Pro. Installing The Division (which I bought on release) and Overwatch on to the new console today. Will certainly give Overwatch another go - an actual fair go this time. Not just one play session.

Yeah, you only played like 3 hours. Thats essentially a Tutorial like :P

It's great to jump on for a few games, or if you get a group going it can be fun to wile away a few hours in a row and try different tactics and stuff.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Division can be a time sink. Really enjoyed levelling up from 0-30. End game was way too grindy for too little reward imo but I haven't played it since it was patched. Kind of frustrated me in the end. I spent all my money trying to get a better roll on something and then just quit in a huff.

This is 10% what I'm getting it. Fooled once by Destiny Vanilla, won't have that happen again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm at the stage too where I'm about to tick off some of my backlog.

To be honest, the last time I did that, I enjoyed Destiny that much more when I went back.
    All you really need to do is stuck up a message in the party chat for PvP, or organise something here during the week (raid, trials runs) - there's still plenty of people playing.

I'm at the stage too where I'm about to tick off some of my backlog.

To be honest, the last time I did that, I enjoyed Destiny that much more when I went back.
    All you really need to do is stuck up a message in the party chat for PvP, or organise something here during the week (raid, trials runs) - there's still plenty of people playing.

My backlog consists of the following:

Bound By Flame
    Until Dawn
    Alien Isolation
    Overwatch
    Dragon Age Inquisition
    The Witcher 3
    & plenty of others I cant think of right now.

Im sure most of you have worse backlogs than that here so for the moment I will dip in and out of those till I chawk a few off between murdering a few guardians in PvP :P

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah, you only played like 3 hours. Thats essentially a Tutorial like :P

Didn't you give the BF1 beta roughly 13 minutes of play before deciding it wasn't for you? :P :)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Didn't you give the BF1 beta roughly 13 minutes of play before deciding it wasn't for you? :P :)

That can happen sometimes you just know it's not for you. I'm looking at you COD since MW3.........

BF1 got a huge patch with some great fixes. Fixed squad orders and squad lock. Two things that were driving me insane.

Fieldog wrote: »

Maybe even less. And it's not that the Game isn't for me. It's that the MP isn't for me.
    I'm good at Destiny MP now, and that took a while. I dont want to get on board that skill curve and learn for like 80 hours so I can be average at BF.

I'd happily give the single player a go when it drops in price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Similar feelings

Might pop on a tuesday for a nf or raid but thats it.

Have games to play like Farming Sim, Overwatch and Watchdogs 2.

Moo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That can happen sometimes you just know it's not for you. I'm looking at you COD since MW3.........

BF1 got a huge patch with some great fixes. Fixed squad orders and squad lock. Two things that were driving me insane.

To be fair I kind of feel that about Overwatch personally, I do like the game, the kids have it on PC, for me I find it's great to have about 3 or 4 games and then I find I'm kinda bored, great game to spectate also...

Yeah had 1 game earlier and it seems slick, delighted with the patch, serious amount of fixes....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My backlog consists of the following:

Bound By Flame
    Until Dawn
    Alien Isolation
    Overwatch
    Dragon Age Inquisition
    The Witcher 3
    & plenty of others I cant think of right now.

Im sure most of you have worse backlogs than that here so for the moment I will dip in and out of those till I chawk a few off between murdering a few guardians in PvP :P

We should start a backlog thread :)

I know there's one in the gaming forum, but it'd be a good idea if people were looking for some co-op activities from the clan.

There's also Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to try Co-op

Also, I would be willing to try Diablo 3 co-op (it's only like £15 on Amazon)

Also, the UC4 and DOOM Betas were S**t cause their MP was S**t

hqdefault.jpg

I did still buy both those games, but purely for Single Player mind you

There's also Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to try Co-op

Also, I would be willing to try Diablo 3 co-op (it's only like £15 on Amazon)

Dam i still have Diablo 3 to get through aswell :eek:

A good few of us play that from time to time, Gimli, JCD, Me etc etc :D

• Advertisement

Dam i still have Diablo 3 to get through aswell :eek:

A good few of us play that from time to time, Gimli, JCD, Me etc etc :D

Ah Diablo. The best loot game on the market. May just pick it up again.

Advertisement