Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do earplugs affect your enjoyment of a gig?

Options
  • 14-11-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to see Dinosaur Jr. tomorrow night and I plan on wearing ear plugs since they're notoriously loud. I'm just wondering if the plugs will hinder the sound much or will it make much difference at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

I wear them all the time now and find that they can actually improve your gig experience. The music comes through perfectly clear (and still loud!) but you tend to hear less talking and other crowd distractions.
    They are a necessity for me as I got to 20-30 gigs year and also work in a factory..I just wish I had started wearing them earlier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Robotito wrote: »
    I wear them all the time now and find that they can actually improve your gig experience. The music comes through perfectly clear (and still loud!) but you tend to hear less talking and other crowd distractions.
    They are a necessity for me as I got to 20-30 gigs year and also work in a factory..I just wish I had started wearing them earlier on.

Had never thought of that. All the more reason to wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are special ones intended for concerts, bog standard sleeping ones are meant to drown out the type of sound you want. Interestingly when looking them up they reckoned damp tissue would be better for gigs than cheapo ones for sleeping, i.e. whatever frequency or whatever they block out is similar to ones for music.

I noticed ticketmaster had them as addons when buying tickets, probably 10 times what they are worth knowing that shower of scum.

Advertisement