Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig starting times 3 Arena

Options
  • 14-11-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I haven't been to a gig in the 3 Arena since it was The Point well over a decade ago. Going to Placebo and its my friends birthday so wanna go for a meal beforehand. Kinda tricky timing wise.
    Could someone help with the heads up on what time we should be aiming to get to the venue and get through the ticket scanners and catch the gig with and without seeing the support.
    Ta.

Oh and if anyone has any recommendations on somewhere good to eat down that end of town all the better. Friend is a pesky pescatarian. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hi all

I haven't been to a gig in the 3 Arena since it was The Point well over a decade ago. Going to Placebo and its my friends birthday so wanna go for a meal beforehand. Kinda tricky timing wise.
    Could someone help with the heads up on what time we should be aiming to get to the venue and get through the ticket scanners and catch the gig with and without seeing the support.
    Ta.

Oh and if anyone has any recommendations on somewhere good to eat down that end of town all the better. Friend is a pesky pescatarian. :D

Its usually pretty quick to get in, only time i remember queueing for more than 5 minutes was for Jay Z and Kanye, but they had no support act so everyone arrived at once.
    Usually the younger the audience the more people will arrive early for the support acts, for Placebo I'd guess a large amount would arrive in about 20 minutes before placebo come in, so if you want to see the support act you can probably arrive 15 minutes before they come on and have plenty of time to get in and go to the bar. if you skip the support I'd aim to arrive 30 minutes before placebo start to give enough time to get a pint and get settled before they start. In my experience the bar queue right before a headliner is worse than the queue to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Food wise theres a few spots near mayor square that are fine, seem to recall the pizza place was good but has been a few years since i ate there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sorry meant to say what time do they usually kick off, is it 9pm for main act or slightly later?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

No worries on the food front actually. We're looking at the Boat restaurant Cillairne. So thats deadly, we have a good idea what time to book for now. Thanks

Advertisement