Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: Class of 2017

• 14-11-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Thread for those from this years campaign currently going through medical and physicals and hope to make the February intake...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Counting our chickens a bit:) Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nmf28

Counting our chickens a bit:) Fingers crossed.

Are you and Dingle20144 just waiting on physical's? Hard to track who's at what stage!

nmf28 wrote: »
    Are you and Dingle20144 just waiting on physical's? Hard to track who's at what stage!

Yea, have everything else done now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Yea, have everything else done now at this stage.

I'm just waiting for a physical date too! Hope itl be before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dcw2016

LandT wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for a physical date too! Hope itl be before Christmas

also waiting on the physical. When did ye do your medical?

• Advertisement

dcw2016 wrote: »
    also waiting on the physical. When did ye do your medical?

I did mine in September but I had to get laser eye surgery so that delayed me

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Horza

Are the majority of people posting in this thread in the 700-800 oom bracket from the november 2015 campaign

Horza wrote: »
    Are the majority of people posting in this thread in the 700-800 oom bracket from the november 2015 campaign

My oom is below 20 but like I said mine was delayed due to the laser eye surgery

Horza wrote: »

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Just at the medical stage now with a date for 30th Nov.

Hope to have physical done before xmas so i can relax and enjoy.
    My oom is 900-950 bracket.

Has anyone contacted HRM or the Garda college about dates for next years intake? I read somewhere in a thread about January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Excellent. Got my dates for medical. Roll on Dec 13th. Plenty of recovery Time from my laser surgery next week.
    Presume shorts under tracksuit pants should do for medical.

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Excellent. Got my dates for medical. Roll on Dec 13th. Plenty of recovery Time from my laser surgery next week.

They just make you take off your shoes and socks to weigh you other than that its just pulling up your top and taking your blood pressure so wear a tshirt under your jumper

dcw2016 wrote: »
    They just make you take off your shoes and socks to weigh you other than that its just pulling up your top and taking your blood pressure so wear a tshirt under your jumper

Oh right. That's grand out so. I presume the physical will be January if my medical is less than 2weeks before Xmas. Praying make the Feb intake.
    Still waiting on sergeant and super to call me in.

Oh right. That's grand out so. I presume the physical will be January if my medical is less than 2weeks before Xmas. Praying make the Feb intake.
    Still waiting on sergeant and super to call me in.

I done my medical more than a month ago still waiting on a date for my physical. I met my sergeant and inspector back in September. I'm hoping for the February intake too, it seems so far away!

You only have to take your top of for the doctor, no need to take trousers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M_09

You don't need shorts or a tracksuit.

I did mine in a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donegal Disciple

Passed my medical there a month ago , meeting my local Sargent today , any advice on meeting with the Sargent and Chief Superintendent? Also still waiting on a date for my physical , hoping to make it on for the February intake. The waits a killer but I'll be glad to get the physical over and done with.

Passed my medical there a month ago , meeting my local Sargent today , any advice on meeting with the Sargent and Chief Superintendent? Also still waiting on a date for my physical , hoping to make it on for the February intake. The waits a killer but I'll be glad to get the physical over and done with.

Dress formally. Read back over your form from your interview. Mine was only about 10 min of general chit chat. And they asked me about the wages and was I aware how much I would be earning and if I could live on that

M_09 wrote: »
    You don't need shorts or a tracksuit.

I did mine in a suit.

Are you ment to wear a suit to it???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M_09

Are you ment to wear a suit to it???

No but I had to go to work afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

Have medical in two weeks bp is high so worried i will fail

Sd82 wrote: »

They usually give you a 2nd chance to come back in a fee months. So get training and you should be ok.

Lost 7.5 kgbut bmi is still 31.5 and have family history with bp. It is actually higher now than it was before i lost the weight

Lost 7.5 kgbut bmi is still 31.5 and have family history with bp. It is actually higher now than it was before i lost the weight
    That's not massively over, just stick at it and hope for the best. Best of luck....

Thanks. Hopefully anyway as the physical wont be an issue

Are ye checking bmi through height and weight on the internet. Would that be accurate. I'm 25 at the mo and blood pressure is fine. Only worry is doing laser surgery Wednesday and medical 13th Dec. Hoping it won't cause any issues.

Did you go to your gp. If not you should. I'm sure he will give a prescription for blood pressure pills. Help bring it down.
    With the bmi just watch what you eat. I've lost half a stone without training by watching what I eat.
    Stay away from the spuds and cut down on dairy. Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day. Lunch dinner substitute potatoes for maybe Brown rice or sweet potato.
    Hopefully helps.

Got physical date for 6th December, anyone else get a date??

Yea, I got the 6th as well....

• Advertisement

Yea, I got the 6th as well....

Have you been to the Open day? I missed it due to a wedding. Think there's one on the 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Have the open day this Saturday and medical the start of December,cant see the physical being before Christmas but I could be wrong!

I am fit and have a very healthy bmi and my blood pressure is quite high. The nurse took it 3 times at the medical and said she would say it to the doctor. The doctor never mentioned it when I was called in.

my blood pressure is the same. Family history too and mine has always been on the high side especially when I lost weight and eat healthily. I passed my medical though

I'm down the 3rd. Best of Luck on the 6th!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Has anyone got word of a medical from the October interviews

• Advertisement

daveoc43 wrote: »

Ya got mine few days ago. Dec 13 medical and open day the 17th.

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Medical the 7th,open day this sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Past everything so far. Just waiting on a meeting with the super. I met the sergeant early October. Is it supposed to be this long of a wait?? Medical and PCT are done since last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Redzer99 wrote: »
    Past everything so far. Just waiting on a meeting with the super. I met the sergeant early October. Is it supposed to be this long of a wait?? Medical and PCT are done since last month.
    How long of a wait had you between the medical and PCT? Do you get your date for the PCT on the day you pass your medical like they did in the past?

ganthy wrote: »
    How long of a wait had you between the medical and PCT? Do you get your date for the PCT on the day you pass your medical like they did in the past?

I had about 6 weeks of a wait between both. They don't give you a date for you PCT on the day of your medical they send you an email with a date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Any rumours of when the next phase will be in? I'm guessing at the end of January.

Xios wrote: »
    Any rumours of when the next phase will be in? I'm guessing at the end of January.

That's what I've heard too. What stage are you at now, or have you everything completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

That's what I've heard too. What stage are you at now, or have you everything completed?

End of January / start of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Literally everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Baz1204

Thread for those from this years campaign currently going through medical and physicals and hope to make the February intake...

Hey. Can someone tell me the exact date of the February intake cheers

Anyone on the 13 Dec medical heard any dates for physical yet? Open day 17th and still no word from sergeant/inspector or physical yet.

Anyone on the 13 Dec medical heard any dates for physical yet? Open day 17th and still no word from sergeant/inspector or physical yet.
    Youl have to have the medical done before you get any physical date,ive my medical the 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

"I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda"-Francis Fitzgerald.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2016-11-15a.35&s=garda+recruitment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Hopefully one of those intakes has my name on it ha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Hopefully one of those intakes has my name on it ha :)

God I hope so too 😉

• Advertisement
Advertisement