Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Garda Campaign: Class of 2017

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mango167

Had interview in early Feb, passed in the 300's. Anyone waiting on medical or meeting with super? Or anyone in this intake been called yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Irish01

Hi All,
    I'm new to this but I am looking for some advice. I have thankfully progressed to Stage 3, the interview from the September 2016 Recruitment Campaign. I am currently waiting for an interview date (for almost a month now). I am trying to prep as best I can, the thing is I live abroad and flew back for the stage 2 assessments in February (I am officially moving back in April/May) therefore I am a little out of the loop and will be unable to attend the Career Services prep interview course. Right now its all a bit over whelming as I have no idea where to start revising and preparing for the upcoming interview. Any help/advice you can give me is VERY much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Irish01 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm new to this but I am looking for some advice. I have thankfully progressed to Stage 3, the interview from the September 2016 Recruitment Campaign. I am currently waiting for an interview date (for almost a month now). I am trying to prep as best I can, the thing is I live abroad and flew back for the stage 2 assessments in February (I am officially moving back in April/May) therefore I am a little out of the loop and will be unable to attend the Career Services prep interview course. Right now its all a bit over whelming as I have no idea where to start revising and preparing for the upcoming interview. Any help/advice you can give me is VERY much appreciated!

Career services prep days are decent but not essential

If you prepare yourself you ll pass on your own merits
    My own advice
    1:know your competencies well eg resilience, communication, teamwork etc
    Have varied examples for each mine were across school college work and sport
    2,stay calm hard I know! But drink the water and relax think before you speak, don't ramble but stick to the point
    3, know the training structure phases modules timelines, rank of AGS that sort of thing
    4, prepare for questions like "Are you ready for the low pay whilst in training "?
    "Have you ever considered the reserves"!
    "What would you do in a violent confrontation with a person"?
    5, look at whoever is asking the questions at the time,

On the day of interview have a bite to eat it will help the nerves, arrive at the scheduled time and look the part with a suit etc clean shaven tidy haircut and that,

There is a thread here someplace with some good information on it

Best of luck !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Irish01

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Career services prep days are decent but not essential

If you prepare yourself you ll pass on your own merits
    My own advice
    1:know your competencies well eg resilience, communication, teamwork etc
    Have varied examples for each mine were across school college work and sport
    2,stay calm hard I know! But drink the water and relax think before you speak, don't ramble but stick to the point
    3, know the training structure phases modules timelines, rank of AGS that sort of thing
    4, prepare for questions like "Are you ready for the low pay whilst in training "?
    "Have you ever considered the reserves"!
    "What would you do in a violent confrontation with a person"?
    5, look at whoever is asking the questions at the time,

On the day of interview have a bite to eat it will help the nerves, arrive at the scheduled time and look the part with a suit etc clean shaven tidy haircut and that,

There is a thread here someplace with some good information on it

Best of luck !!
    Canyon86,

Thanks a million, I appreciate it.

I will have a search for the thread you mentioned too.

Thanks again.

Have my medical coming up my bmi is 33.7 and Im female 5ft 8 atm but includes high percentage of muscle as I play high level of sport. Any one know is the bmi automatic fail or have I a chance?

• Advertisement

Have my medical coming up my bmi is 33.7 and Im female 5ft 8 atm but includes high percentage of muscle as I play high level of sport. Any one know is the bmi automatic fail or have I a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Mango167 wrote: »

Wont be a fail, will be a deferral.

If you've a BMI between 30 and 35 on the day you'll be given time to lose the weight

Advertisement