Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High School Rathgar

Options
  • 14-11-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Would anyone have any opinion or advice on this school? I'm thinking of sending my daughter next September as she's been unsuccessful with her (our) first two choices. I'm reluctant to send her to the local school for various reasons. I suppose my question really is - is it worth the money & will it be good for her. Fees are high so I want to be sure. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-moved to Dublin city. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I went there when we moved to Ireland because I didn't want to go to an all boys school! When I was there it was pretty laid back compared to what I was used to which wasn't really ideal for a lazy student like me! I ended up leaving and doing 6th year in IOE instead but I think I probably would have done just as well had I stayed. Facilities wise I would say it was average which is probably one of the reasons why the sports teams don't traditionally do so well!

If I had a daughter I wouldn't have any concerns sending her there unless she was big into a sport other than hockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimmychoo

Thanks for that. Food for thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No more dubious unfounded stuff please. Posts removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭Tow

Do they still have places for next year? They are currently recruiting for 2018. As I am sure you will find, their fees are not the highest when compared to others in the area. It is a Protestant school, so government grant will pay about half the fees, if you qualify.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement