Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help making an advent calendar

• 14-11-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Hi. So I want to make a large advent calendar for my gf.

The presents inside range from very small, say a bracelet to the largest being a hot water bottle .

Has anybody any idea or suggestions of how I could make one without spending a fortune?

I was half thinking of getting some boxes in Aldo and cutting them up and using sellotape and wrapping paper....but I don't know...seems like it might be flimsy.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hmmm... that's a pretty big variation in sizes there. I can't think of anything, even a shoe box, that would fit a hot water bottle!

There are some good suggestions here
    http://www.theloop.ca/13-amazing-diy-advent-calendars-that-anyone-can-make/
    depending on how crafty you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

You could make one with notes hidden behind each door telling her to look in x place to find today's present - no variation in size then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

a hot water bottle can be folded up. its not THAT big! And tbf I could leave out the hot water bottle easily and just keep the calendar for easy little presents

ps - we dont live together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

I loved the suggestion of the website above, so I hope you got it sorted! I have seen in the past, fabric advent calendars in either Lidl or Aldi but not sure when they had them out in their weekly specials. It would be similar to some you might see if you google "fabric advent calendars".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

• Advertisement
Advertisement