Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Werewolf - the sign up thread

Options
  • 14-11-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

I know WWV is still ongoing, but time to make some room in the diaries before the Christmas party season kicks off.

The Christmas edition of Werewolf will kick off December the 11th. The game mods will be sullivlo (myself) and jayop, so you can expect a few festive twists.

Throw your name on here if you fancy playing. We'll make room for everyone.

Now, to decide between the North Pole and Bethlehem for the setting...
    1. Kersplat
    2. Molly
    3. Uriel
    4. Crosstownk
    5. Yosser
    6. Quickbeam
    7. MrsFlushdraw
    8. The_Valeyard
    9. dottie_lottie
    10. Maximus
    11. Tritium
    12. CDaly
    13. Nopeare
    14. TheDazzler
    15. Andy125
    16. GUFC
    17. The Legend that is Tigger!
    18. Persepoly
    19. Pawwed Rig
    20. Partyjungle
    21. Shatterproof
    22. Strawberry Milkshake
    23. Barney92
    24. MicksJaguar
    25. A Neurotic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fairly sure I'll be up for this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Please please please can their be some die-hard references... Hans gruber as the alpha or mcclain as the body guard or sheriff...

:)

Ps. Yes I think you can put my name down too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Uriel. wrote: »
    Please please please can their be some die-hard references... Hands gruber as the alpha or mcclain as the body guard or sheriff...

:)
    - Marv, Harry and Hanz Gruber (3 baddies)

;)

• Advertisement

Marv!!!!! Yay! Can he be the village idiot? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sher sign me up, after that last disaster i have to redeem myself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Me, me, me, me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ye are all feked hoh oho hoolho

dec096.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

MrsFlushdraw is In like Flynn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Feckin exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Me wanna play this too!!! Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Numbers could be a problem going forward if the new players don't stick around and if we can't hold onto all the OG's.

Jayop wrote: »
    Numbers could be a problem going forward if the new players don't stick around and if we can't hold onto all the OG's.

Own goals? :p

Jayop wrote: »

Original Geezers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Ah sure I'll try another...

• Advertisement

I've only played once before in the very first game in AH and I was killed off first so as you can imagine... my interest dwindled :D I'll likely need to be told how to play! :o

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've only played once before in the very first game in AH and I was killed off first so as you can imagine... my interest dwindled :D I'll likely need to be told how to play! :o

HOW TO PLAY:
    1. Suspect everyone
    2. Don't die

So what you're saying is, my first game was an utter failure. Sound :D

Sounds good :)

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Welcome back Kersplat! :)

Molly, how did you and the duck find the game?
    My fella is curious too but I'm not sure yet. Not sure I want him knowing what I post on boards in general hahaha. He's born and bred over here and finds the idea of boards both amusing and quaint! In general, was it fun or was it frustrating/hard to keep things from each other.

TBF to you, if I remember correctly you were killed off first because the wolves were worried that as a boards staff member you'd be able to see pm's and stuff like that that would give the game up. Since then we've gotten over that (was never have been an issue to begin with) and a nice few staff members have played. You were always going to be a target in the first kill anyway because you were probably the best known person playing and the wolves would have feared you could have led the village.

Will be great to have you playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

When games start on a munch (the majority so far), would it be worth considering giving all new players a golden ticket for the first munch? That way they get at least 36 hours? There's always only a handful so it shouldn't impact on the game in any meaningful way but it'd defo make it a bit more welcoming!

When games start on a munch (the majority so far), would it be worth considering giving all new players a golden ticket for the first munch? That way they get at least 36 hours? There's always only a handful so it shouldn't impact on the game in any meaningful way but it'd defo make it a bit more welcoming!

Yeah good shout on that. Although I reckon that a new player would very rarely be targeted first kill anyway as the wolves "should" be trying to take out one of the more experienced players.

Welcome back Kersplat! :)

Molly, how did you and the duck find the game?
    My fella is curious too but I'm not sure yet. Not sure I want him knowing what I post on boards in general hahaha. He's born and bred over here and finds the idea of boards both amusing and quaint! In general, was it fun or was it frustrating/hard to keep things from each other.

TBH it was quite difficult trying to keep things secret. And the both of us were villagers this time so it wasn't even as hard as it would be if one of us were a wolf. I thought just after the game started that had one of us been a wolf or had a back room to chat in at all, it would've been very difficult to keep that hidden from the other person. Even just the act of typing on your keyboard could give it away. There was a point where I was writing a post and he was watching me going 'oooh are you typing for your wolfy forum?' so it could be difficult to hide. If I were a wolf I'd probably be doing most of my posting in work during the day or on my phone or something to try hide it. Which, in itself, is suspicious when I've a laptop sitting in front of me. :confused:

I'd have to see how it went with us being on opposite sides before I could say it was a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

I'm away the 11th but back that night late. I think I should be ok otherwise that week at the moment. So put me down, but if there are too many people and someone else wants to play put them ahead of me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement