Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refurbished iphone

Options
  • 14-11-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

anybody any info on these are they worth it or are they fitted with cheap parts and ready to break

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Depends where you get them. If Apple refurbished like the ones that Argos are selling it will be as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I ordered one from Argos Uk and it was wrecked. It booted fine but there were chunks missing from the metal surround and it wasn't even clean, it was filthy. I returned it straight away as it was a gift.

I have ordered refurb iPads from Apple before and they have always been perfect as AFAIK they put a new shell and battery in.

I believe others have gotten iPhones from Argos that were perfect probably early returns/repairs. I would say best to call to the store and view. I wanted a 32GB and they were only available from Argos UK so had it posted.

TLDR: Your milage will vary on each individual unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

How often would argos ireland have these.....none in any location on the site at the mo? Or would you need to visit shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭EIREAROEIRE

bit the bullet and got a new one not worth the hassle cant trust any of these shops online at least i can sell and upgrade next year

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

I just ordered one there from Amazon.co.uk, 64GB iphone 6 for £419. Pretty happy with that.
    I've bought a few demo / refurb phones in the past; things to look out for;
    the battery is likely to be rubbish, it'll certainly degrade faster than a new phone. I replaced the batteries in both my previous two, and they were grand again.
    The demo phone had a lot of crap on it, and had limited features and I went to pretty extreme lengths to completely format and restore it. Essentially, I had to jailbreak it (and then put back a not-jailbroken version of iOS.

Depending on where you get it, Insurers mightn't touch you; or rather they won't pay out. Make sure, if you're getting insurance, that you get it in writing from them that a refurb phone is ok. From blueinsurance, today.
    Thank you for your email. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of emails.

Unfortunately we can only cover refurbished devices that have been purchased directly from the manufacturer or a Network Provider.

We will not be in a position to cover your device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement