Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Crumlin Road Jail on foot

• 14-11-2016 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm just wondering would it be hard to find Crumlin Road Jail if I was to walk from Great Victoria Street,e.g.The Europa Hotel?
    I was just thinking that it would save me from spending money on taxis.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Nope, it's easy enough to find - just a bit of a trek.

Simplest way is get a 57 bus from town as far as the Mater hospital - the gaol is next door.

http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/ext_widget/TTB/EFA02__0000540b_TP.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Treadhead wrote: »
    Nope, it's easy enough to find - just a bit of a trek.

Simplest way is get a 57 bus from town as far as the Mater hospital - the gaol is next door.

http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/ext_widget/TTB/EFA02__0000540b_TP.pdf
    Thanks a million.

Sorry about all the questions but can you tell me roughly how long it would take to walk there,once I knew where I was going?
    Thanks again.

Thanks a million.

Sorry about all the questions but can you tell me roughly how long it would take to walk there,once I knew where I was going?
    Thanks again.

25 or 30 mins I'd imagine. It's an easy route, go straight along from the Europa for a bit, turn left onto Clifton Street and keep going straight until you get there.

25 or 30 mins I'd imagine. It's an easy route, go straight along from the Europa for a bit, turn left onto Clifton Street and keep going straight until you get there.

Sound.
    The bus is not an option I'm afraid,coz that particular bus doesn't operate on Sundays.
    And I haven't a bull's notion how much the taxi would charge.

£5-6 I'd imagine, belfast taxis are cheap.

Gotta love good old Translink, no bus service passing one ofthe city's major hospitals on a sunday...

• Advertisement

£5-6 I'd imagine, belfast taxis are cheap.

Gotta love good old Translink, no bus service passing one ofthe city's major hospitals on a sunday...

Had a little idea and then came across this.....
    https://www.belfastbikes.co.uk

Being a regular cyclist myself,this would be right up my street(pardon the pun).
    And if my calculations are right,this would cost less than getting taxis to and from Crumlin Road Jail.
    Happy days!! :-)

Advertisement