Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mibi payout timescale?

Options
  • 14-11-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I were recently hit head on by a speeding vehicle, which transpires to have no nct, tax or insurance (also the driver was already disqualified for 4 years). The Gards siezed his vehicle and my insurance company (Aviva) arranged for it to be collected and taken to local repair centre, but my own opinion is that it will be written off due to the amount of damage. My question is, as this guy who hit me has no insurance i have to deal with mibi(Motor Insurance Bureau Ireland), and was wondering how long it would take for them to pay me once they have accepted the assesors report findings.
    FYI, I had actually stopped as i seen the car coming, but he was going so fast he skidded and lost control and hit me, he admitted to Garda he was doing 70mph in a 30kmh zone..
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

If you are comp insured your insurer will deal with your motor damage without effecting your ncd.

Advertisement