Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupiers liability Insurance

• 15-11-2016 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I have bought a house that I can't insure due to the roof being thatch and it's in an area that no issuance company will take on.
    I was reading about insurance that tenants take out on contents and I am wondering could they take out occupiers liability-I am not concerned about the house going on fire or anything, I am mainly concerned about public liability for tenants and their visitors.

Has anyone any experience or knowledge about how to get around this predicament?

I have tried, I believe, every company that insures no-standard property, so I have exhausted that avenue….

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Tenants can get occupiers liability for THEIR exposure to members of the public caused by their day to day use of the property. e.g if a visitor comes to see them and trips over a cable that's been left lying around. This will not cover YOUR liability to the public as owner of the property. If any aspect of the property, including grounds, causes injury or damage to the public, the tenant's visitors, OR YOUR TENANT, you need the cover.

Sorry, I don't know where you can get it, just wanted to make sure you didn't think the tenant's cover was sufficient

Advertisement