Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Tag/Follow/Unfollow site?

Options
  • 15-11-2016 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know of anything that would allow you to add a small group of people (via email) to a project you are working on that you would appreciate their input on, and rather than emailing them updates and possibly annoying them, you add them to the topic and each time you post an update, they get notification mail and can ubsubscribe easily and can reply direct to the topic to give feedback and see other people's comments too?

What I want is actually just like posting a link on Facebook and tagging people, that the tagee gets a notification email and then continues to get notifications for each persons reply, if they want to remove themselves they just unsub and they won't be bothered anymore by it.

The only thing is, I want it to be JUST the people I tag (email) and I don't want them to need an account other than their email address to be notified and have access to the discussion on the topic.

Any suggestions would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I had looked at this for a geographically spread community project I was involved with. It's sorta like boards.ie, but you can keep it private.

It didn't take off for us in the end (some people preferred e-mail and wouldn't be changed). But it might meet your requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the suggestion, but I wouldn't want to use anything that requires ANY action at all from anyone else, so the idea would be I'd make my first post, then email the small handful of people I want to see it with a link, or email them the post directly. I was even thinking I could just use mail chimp or something like that to target these specific people and there'd be an unsub button at the bottom.

Just something where the only action they would ever need to take besides opening a link or email, is to unsub if they so desired.

Advertisement